Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

Game Thread: vs. Rutgers (10/22) 12:00 PM. EST on BTN

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Y’all probably shouldn’t be loving on the “Kansas reclamation project” quite so much.

In their best season in forever this year they are now 2-3 in conference, 5-3 overall.

We can only dream of being 5-3.  

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

I have expectations for IU football. I expect them to suck. Then when they do indeed suck, I am both not disappointed and disappointed at the same time.

That pretty much sums up IU football fandom in a nut shell.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Y’all probably shouldn’t be loving on the “Kansas reclamation project” quite so much.

In their best season in forever this year they are now 2-3 in conference, 5-3 overall.

I fully understand what are saying, but what is our record again?

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Three and two years ago we temporarily did not suck.

Yeah, I know.  At age 55 I am used to it.  But it still sucks.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Are you inferring that is bad?
In the world of IU football, 2-3 and 5-3 is a long term extension…..

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Big difference between Lance Leipold and Tom Allen

Just now, DChoosier said:

TBD

Leipold's built programs. It may not work out at Kansas, but he's been a HC and won.

LEO could very well work, but needs to be backed up by wins. I'm not seeing those coming as I don't see how this OL play improves unless something happens on the portal. Which by the way, if your OL play is going to be this poor, shouldn't your QB be mobile, a bit like Jalon Daniels? 25 million is a lot of money to be assuring a guy to not win

49 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Are you inferring that is bad?
In the world of IU football, 2-3 and 5-3 is a long term extension…..

What people are saying that is only one year and we had that same kind of year 2 years ago. People are acting like we haven't had the same kind of year that KU is having. We were 8-5 and 6-2 so we had that same kind of season.

Just now, kreigh8 said:

Leipold's built programs. It may not work out at Kansas, but he's been a HC and won.

LEO could very well work, but needs to be backed up by wins. I'm not seeing those coming as I don't see how this OL play improves unless something happens on the portal. Which by the way, if your OL play is going to be this poor, shouldn't your QB be mobile, a bit like Jalon Daniels? 25 million is a lot of money to be assuring a guy to not win

I agree with all that, and like the fact that Leipold previously built a program, but that being said I think it’s still TBD to see if he can make a doormat like Kansas successful for multi-years. 
Maybe he will but I have no idea as there have been guys with his pedigree do well while others have stepped up to a Power 5 team and flamed out.  We shall see.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What people are saying that is only one year and we had that same kind of year 2 years ago. People are acting like we haven't had the same kind of year that KU is having. We were 8-5 and 6-2 so we had that same kind of season.

It was sarcasm Scott. (Ie joking).

The problem is that this team is not really good at anything. Our line play is terrible. I don't blame the QB for any of our problems. If I were him, I'd just hope to get through the game in one piece. It was a huge problem last year and is a huge problem this year. That tells me that our current staff can't address glaring issues. We are Indiana so we are stuck with what we have until we can afford to do something different. The CTA era has peaked will be circling the drain until we can pay for him to go somewhere else.

Two interesting stats.

At the half IU had 70 rushing yards but ended up with 62 for the game (yes, -8 rushing yards in the second half)

At the half Henderson had 4 carries for 31 yards (7.8  yards per carry). At the end of the game Henderson had 4 carries for 31 yards (ie…did not run the ball once in the second half).
That’s puzzling unless, unbeknownst to me, he was injured.

12 hours ago, cthomas said:

The problem is that this team is not really good at anything. Our line play is terrible. I don't blame the QB for any of our problems. If I were him, I'd just hope to get through the game in one piece. It was a huge problem last year and is a huge problem this year. That tells me that our current staff can't address glaring issues. We are Indiana so we are stuck with what we have until we can afford to do something different. The CTA era has peaked will be circling the drain until we can pay for him to go somewhere else.

Agree QB is not the problem.