Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
NashvilleHoosier

Little Rock game 11/23

Probably not worth it's own topic but I couldn't find an appropriate thread it fit in either. 

Thinking of making the trip up on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving for the Little Rock game. Curious from folks around Bloomington what we should expect that day as far as places being open? I'm sure it's going to be pretty dead overall, but do places stay open that day? If we can find places open during the day but closed after the game, we might still do it. If our options will be extremely limited during the day before the game as well, we might pass. 

32 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Probably not worth it's own topic but I couldn't find an appropriate thread it fit in either. 

Thinking of making the trip up on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving for the Little Rock game. Curious from folks around Bloomington what we should expect that day as far as places being open? I'm sure it's going to be pretty dead overall, but do places stay open that day? If we can find places open during the day but closed after the game, we might still do it. If our options will be extremely limited during the day before the game as well, we might pass. 

I usually go to the Thanksgiving week games as I have been getting mini-series tix for a couple of years now, but I would think that most of the restaurants/bars and such would still be open.

You may want to call a few places, first, and ask if they are to be open Thanksgiving Day.  I have travelled to Indianapolis and on to Dayton OH on Thanksgiving and found not a lot open for eats.  Likewise, back and forth to Evansville there were not a lot of places open for dinner especially.  This does not include breweries or nightclubs which I wasn't looking for when travelling. Found one Korean steak place open and survived.

Game day in Bloomington might just be a lot different than what I experienced.  One would think.  Check it out, first. And keep your gas tank full.  (Or E-car charged.)

2 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

You may want to call a few places, first, and ask if they are to be open Thanksgiving Day.  I have travelled to Indianapolis and on to Dayton OH on Thanksgiving and found not a lot open for eats.  Likewise, back and forth to Evansville there were not a lot of places open for dinner especially.  This does not include breweries or nightclubs which I wasn't looking for when travelling. Found one Korean steak place open and survived.

Game day in Bloomington might just be a lot different than what I experienced.  One would think.  Check it out, first. And keep your gas tank full.  (Or E-car charged.)

I'm not worried about Thanksgiving day, just the Wednesday before. We'll head back out first thing in the morning (making sure our tank is full the day before). Sounds like we won't have much of an issue finding a place to take our money on Wednesday.