Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: vs. Maryland @ 3:30 on ESPN2

Tom Allen makes $4.9 million a year…to possibly go two seasons with 1 big ten win. 18th best contract in college football. 

Dolson deserves to be fired for giving Allen that deal. TA is a really good guy, but he’s not getting paid that much money to be a cheerleader and come up with a nice catch phrase. 

If we actually care about our program, find someone that can win games and actually has a strategy and plan to move this program forward. 

We have been doing the same old crap my entire life. 

Besides…between what took place after the first play to start each half 1and 2…qb intercepted.  Only IU football can master such feats.  
positive observation…the offensive line was better.

Awesome. Gonna be stuck with a lame duck coach the next 2 years until he gets fired and then just hope they next coach is good enough to get us to 6-6 most years. Looking at yet probably another 4 year stretch with nothing to be happy about. Recruiting is already nosediving and LEO is a gimmick. IUFB is forever cursed

2 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Awesome. Gonna be stuck with a lame duck coach the next 2 years until he gets fired and then just hope they next coach is good enough to get us to 6-6 most years. Looking at yet probably another 4 year stretch with nothing to be happy about. Recruiting is already nosediving and LEO is a gimmick. IUFB is forever cursed

We play to be mediocre at best. That's our ceiling. Hoping for a 6 - 6 season is the definition of a losers mentality. I don't see anything on the roster or in the pipeline that will change that. Frankly, it's embarrassing.

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

We play to be mediocre at best. That's our ceiling. Hoping for a 6 - 6 season is the definition of a losers mentality. I don't see anything on the roster or in the pipeline that will change that. Frankly, it's embarrassing.

And with the transfer portal, anyone capable of  changing that mentality can just flee this sinking ship in the offseason. If you’re Dasan McCullough, why would you stick around next year when  a whole host of legitimate programs would take you? 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

And with the transfer portal, anyone capable of  changing that mentality can just flee this sinking ship in the offseason. If you’re Dasan McCullough, why would you stick around next year when  a whole host of legitimate programs would take you? 

Sadly, agree.

Strategy:  schedule 3 weakest non conference opponents in division one football (even intramural football if you could get away with it) and then hope for 3 big ten wins = IU football future possible glory days.

23 minutes ago, VO5 said:

IUFB is forever cursed

Not cursed. IU does this to themselves because they don't care about the football team. Even when they try to look like they care, they end up overpaying mediocre (at best) coaches. 

Unless CTA somehow turns it around, his contract is gonna set this program back for years (set it back from what, I'm not exactly sure).

But the earliest he can be fired and we wouldn't owe him the remainder of his contract would be after the 2024 season. That's this season, plus two more.

And even then, we'd owe him about $7.5M. Is that doable? I'm not sure. We had to get donors to pony up for Archie's buyout, which I believe was about $10M. Do our fat-cat boosters care enough about football? Again, I'm not sure. I know COVID helped empty our piggy bank; I would have no  idea if we'd be in a better financial position three years from now or not. 

I guess there's always the possibility if things get even worse than they are now (which would be winless seasons, I suppose), Allen would agree to a lesser buyout -- although if I were him, I wouldn't! 

I wanna like Dolson, but he showed horribly poor judgment with that extension. 

16 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Not cursed. IU does this to themselves because they don't care about the football team. Even when they try to look like they care, they end up overpaying mediocre (at best) coaches. 

And apparently, we gotta keep it close to the program, cause heaven forbid you look outside the box and try someone like a Kevin Wilson.

33 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Although I obviously don’t know him or his thoughts, I see no reason that McCollough would come back next season. Go to a winning program and make more NIL money.

1 hour ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Last time I'll ever call the call-in show.  I mention the 700 losses and they immediately hang up on me before I can ***** about Tom Allen!

So that was you, couldn't believe the host try to justify Allan's record at IU. Like 29-36 is something that isn't bad.

Is anyone else really sick and tired of the phony tough guy dead ball penalties against Tom Allen's teams?    Leave alone the big plays, offensive ineptitude, garbage play calling, horrible line, and lack of any kind of identity.......Indiana has had a problem with "stupid" and undisciplined since Tom Allen got here.    #LEO  is a meaningless catch phrase and I'm very tired of excuses and settling for garbage football.

3 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Is anyone else really sick and tired of the phony tough guy dead ball penalties against Tom Allen's teams?    Leave alone the big plays, offensive ineptitude, garbage play calling, horrible line, and lack of any kind of identity.......Indiana has had a problem with "stupid" and undisciplined since Tom Allen got here.    #LEO  is a meaningless catch phrase and I'm very tired of excuses and settling for garbage football.

I think I mentioned this in the game thread, but this is likely a byproduct of a coach who celebrates menial accomplishments far too often. Act like you expect your players to make the play. Be their best buddy after they graduate.