Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: vs. Maryland @ 3:30 on ESPN2

There is what I'm talking about.  Huge run by Maryland.  Player finishes the run, stands out and points in the face of an IU player.  No call.
I'm fine with it not being a penalty.  But it's not consistent.  The call on IU was horrible and helped influence the outcome.

I agree, there’s no consistency but I still would rather not give the ref a chance to interpret intent on a play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, HoosierX said:

I hope Coby never touches the ball again. That was so unbelievably f’ing dumb on his part.

There might be a reason Coby only caught one ball for TN last year, and that was in a blowout vs Tennessee Tech. Maybe Omar isn’t showing much in practice but I thought we would see him play some.

Textbook IU football.

Want to watch a high character intelligent winner?  Watch IU Ladies basketball program.  The overwhelmingly majority of times you will leave the game happy and always proud of what the Ladies basketball program represents.

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I'm not sure there was a single person that felt the hiring of Tom Allen was good at the time he was hired.  It was the cheap, lazy way out.

And was exacerbated by the huge contract extension -- after one decent season. 

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I'm not sure there was a single person that felt the hiring of Tom Allen was good at the time he was hired.  It was the cheap, lazy way out.

Wilson was a big meanie so they went with the lovely dovey LEO guy instead of finding a competent coach. 

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I was convinced Tom won the race to Cool Dad's office to get the job. Then I thought around 2019 that we got lucky with not a great coach, but a good enough coach that making bowl games would be a regularity. Then Wilson's foundation broke down, we lost the better coaches in our employ to HC jobs, and now we're back where we were circa 2010.

4 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

There might be a reason Coby only caught one ball for TN last year, and that was in a blowout vs Tennessee Tech. Maybe Omar isn’t showing much in practice but I thought we would see him play some.

I’m still incensed over that. You had the first down plus a couple more yards, just go out of bounds.

Great, you made one man miss, there are two more guys right there to tackle you immediately. If he hadn’t just thrown it in the air he would have fumbled when one of those guys popped him.

Huge risk for literally almost zero prospect of return.

5 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

There is what I'm talking about.  Huge run by Maryland.  Player finishes the run, stands out and points in the face of an IU player.  No call.

I'm fine with it not being a penalty.  But it's not consistent.  The call on IU was horrible and helped influence the outcome.

That unsportsmanlike penalty was a horrible, horrible call.

But then, we got sliced and diced on a 3rd and 9 and had plenty of other chances. Disappointing.