Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU/Kentucky Series to Resume

On 10/14/2022 at 10:31 AM, hper50 said:

Agreed. I've always thought a Crossroads Classic-esque MTE with IU, PU, UK and UL at Lucas Oil would be awesome. So much $$$ would be brought into downtown Indy that weekend

Me too. 

Always wanted IU, PU, ND, Butler... and UK, Ville, Cinci, and perhaps TN. But ND and Ville being both ACC screws it up. 

Maybe a yearly 3 game classic. IU and PU every year, then let ND and Butler rotate each year. 

20 hours ago, cthomas said:

I remember that but think that '81 team would have rolled anyone in front of them. By tourney time they were nearly unbeatable.

Exactly! Closest game was the final against UNC 61-48 (I think)

13 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Exactly! Closest game was the final against UNC 61-48 (I think)

63-50 over the Tar Heels in the Championship game and it was the closest.  Fwiw, Carolina beat us in the regular season 65-56 in Chapel Hill.

Kind of helped IU in 81 because we could have played them in the regional finals instead of St. Joseph 
I understand your thinking but I don't think that 81 team was gonna worry about anyone come tournament time. They were a juggernaut.

Sent from my SM-S901U using BtownBanners mobile app

22 minutes ago, jonz44 said:

I understand your thinking but I don't think that 81 team was gonna worry about anyone come tournament time. They were a juggernaut.

Sent from my SM-S901U using BtownBanners mobile app

Didn't say we would have lost to either UK or Depaul but I doubt it would have been as easy than beating UAB or Depaul.

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

UK has 2, 6, 9, 29 and likely to get the 1 in next years class. If Calipari stays maybe we settle the debate of age vs talent in this matchup.

Although, Duke vs Indiana through the years might be an indication.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

That debate will never be settled. Lol.  That along with others are destined to be debated  until the end of time on this board.  Good arguments on both sides make for great conversation 

15 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

UK has 2, 6, 9, 29 and likely to get the 1 in next years class. If Calipari stays maybe we settle the debate of age vs talent in this matchup.

Man that IU v. Duke matchup during Romeo’s year here… Woof.  Hope we’ve got the squad to matchup with UK when this thing starts up again. 

12 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

That debate will never be settled. Lol.  That along with others are destined to be debated  until the end of time on this board.  Good arguments on both sides make for great conversation 

Yeah, depends on the particular talent and the coaching.  We are the perfect examples of ourselves this year with so many staying and we should be good/great at preseason 13.  UK returns more than normal this year too but reloads and is top 10 every year. We will need things to change pretty significantly to not be pulling for upsets each matchup.  Considering who we are targeting in 24 and 25, if we can land 3 of them per class that would be a great start. 

28 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You knows the answer but I do know IU has beaten UK 2 of the last 3 times we played.  Also we won't find out next year since it will probably be a couple more years until the series starts.  You love the way UK builds a roster why don't you become a UK fan.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You knows the answer but I do know IU has beaten UK 2 of the last 3 times we played.  Also we won't find out next year since it will probably be a couple more years until the series starts.  You love the way UK builds a roster why don't you become a UK fan.

Knock it off man, for real. 

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Man that IU v. Duke matchup during Romeo’s year here… Woof.  Hope we’ve got the squad to matchup with UK when this thing starts up again. 

I remember a IU and Duke matchup in the sweet 16 where Duke had 5 future first round draft picks. IU had one NBA player and won the game because they played well as a team.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yeah, that was awful.  Romeo did well against Zion in AAU.  Indiana was legitimately deer in headlights that whole game.  Not pretty. 

I was at the IU Kentucky game at RCA Dome in 2003 when we lost 80-41.  Woof.

Kentucky leads series 32-25, and have gone something like 14-5 in the past few decades.  

Uncalled for response.  No need for hostility in this situation 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Knock it off man, for real. 

Knock what off, just getting tired of this guy posting same thing over and over again.  If he doesn't like how we are building our team maybe he should look elsewhere.  All he does is ridicule our roster and our recruits and it is getting old.  We are not even started this season and he is freaking out about next year.

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Uncalled for response.  No need for hostility in this situation 

This guy is just getting old with the same stuff over and over. It wasn't over just this post but his post the last month down grading our recruits.

I remember a IU and Duke matchup in the sweet 16 where Duke had 5 future first round draft picks. IU had one NBA player and won the game because they played well as a team.

That was my favorite IU game of all time. Spent my night on Kirkwood. And all over campus.  One of the best upsets of all time. 

I’d rather not always be in the underdog role for eternity.  But I get it’s Duke or UK.  Tough to compete with that dough. 

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That was my favorite IU game of all time. Spent my night on Kirkwood. And all over campus.  One of the best upsets of all time. 

I’d rather not always be in the underdog role for eternity.  But I get it’s Duke or UK.  Tough to compete with that dough. 

I do remember when we were the favorite in those games. Most of the time they had more so called talent but we won as a team. We beat Duke in the 1987 sweet 16 and we were the 1 seed that year. 2016 we were pretty even with UK since they were a 4 and we were a 5 and we won.