Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU/Kentucky Series to Resume

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's something like 4 games, 2 years of neutral site and 1 home game for each, with our home game last, and Calipari retires before then. 

Also, I know pointing out grammatical errors isn't cool in any way, but "have not went" is a pretty serious f*ckup for a longtime journalist. 

57 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's something like 4 games, 2 years of neutral site and 1 home game for each, with our home game last, and Calipari retires before then. 

Also, I know pointing out grammatical errors isn't cool in any way, but "have not went" is a pretty serious f*ckup for a longtime journalist. 

Same as the recent Gonzaga/UK series details. And I agree

Easily a top 5 rivalry in college basketball when you think about the crazy fanbases, historical significance of each program, geography, etc. Good for us, good for college basketball. Play one of these games on a barge on the Ohio, cowards!

23 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Easily a top 5 rivalry in college basketball when you think about the crazy fanbases, historical significance of each program, geography, etc. Good for us, good for college basketball. Play one of these games on a barge on the Ohio, cowards!

When I was growing up it was the best rivalry in the land.

7 minutes ago, DWB said:

That was a generation before Duke/UNC became popular. Only you, me, and Old Fart were probably around then....lol

LOL.  These are the things I try to impress upon my thirtysomething son.  Notre Dame vs. DePaul anyone?

12 hours ago, Southside said:

It's a sin not to play them yearly. 

I don't care where. 

Rupp/Neutral/Bloom/Neutral, etc. is is just fine. 

Should do with same Louisville too. 

Back in the day... it was Duke/UNC and IU/UK.. always two biggest games of the year. 

It'd be nice if we had a similar contract with Louisville where we played either team or UK at Lucas Oil every year. 

2024: UL @ Lucas Oil, Kentucky @ Rupp

2025: UL @ Assembly, Kentucky @ Lucas Oil

2026: UL @ Lucas Oil, Kentucky @ Assembly

2027: UL @ Yum, Kentucky @ Lucas Oil

That sort of thing

I'm happy that they are going to resume playing. I'd like to go as the wife is a pUKe fan but I'm sure the tickets will be $$$. Hope this means the NCAA can stop putting us in the same region for the tournament on purpose. They are probably dying to put IU and UK in Louisville this March. 

16 hours ago, Rico said:

In my day, I don't recall the Duke/UNC rivalry being a big event.  But I do remember Notre Dame/UCLA being must see TV.

I was born in 70s. My extended (very large) family were big BB and FB fans, all loved IU BB, all loved ND FB. Always cheered for both schools (all sports). Always loved UCLA and ND games too. But that rivalry lost steam after 70s. ND was respectable until Digger left. UCLA dropped a bit early 80s. But since I can remember, Duke/UNC and IU/KY were huge in 70s and 80s. Lot of fun misc rivalries popping up those years. Loved watching teams like NCSt, Vil, Georg, etc

13 hours ago, hper50 said:

It'd be nice if we had a similar contract with Louisville where we played either team or UK at Lucas Oil every year. 

That sort of thing

Yup. 

PU would be smart to do the same (with the same teams). 

7 hours ago, Southside said:

I was born in 70s. My extended (very large) family were big BB and FB fans, all loved IU BB, all loved ND FB. Always cheered for both schools (all sports). Always loved UCLA and ND games too. But that rivalry lost steam after 70s. ND was respectable until Digger left. UCLA dropped a bit early 80s. But since I can remember, Duke/UNC and IU/KY were huge in 70s and 80s. Lot of fun misc rivalries popping up those years. Loved watching teams like NCSt, Vil, Georg, etc

Marquette was a power house in the 70s.

23 hours ago, hper50 said:

That sort of thing

I don't care to ever play Louisville. I'd rather stick to playing UK, Kansas, UNC, Duke, Zona and maybe even throwing others in like Gonzaga, Oregon, UCLA, Arkansas, Florida, Texas, Baylor. 

10 hours ago, Southside said:

Yup. 

PU would be smart to do the same (with the same teams). 

Agreed. I've always thought a Crossroads Classic-esque MTE with IU, PU, UK and UL at Lucas Oil would be awesome. So much $$$ would be brought into downtown Indy that weekend