Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - G Rakease Passmore to Kansas

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In 4 OTs, Combine Acad. defeated Keystone Acad. 81-74.  Passmore 14p; 5r; 3a; 0s; 0b; 4t.     4-9 FG; 2-5 on 3s; 4-5 FT.

It was just 1 OT. Good game.
It was a pretty typical Passmore game. Right now he’s a high end 3 and D prospect. He can straight line drive it, but his handle really has to improve to be more than that. 2 things from getting to see him up close: 1) He’s fully 6’5”. I was curious about that. The 2 listed heights I always question are 6’5” and 6’9”. 2) Unlike a lot of good pressure on ball defenders, and he’s really good, Passmore is very disciplined off ball. He doesn’t freelance. I didn’t see an obvious breakdown from him. Very impressive.

side not: Keystone has a ‘24 PG named Dellquan Warren, who’s committed to Rutgers. Exactly what you’d expect from Pikiell. Tough, physical, no back down in him at all. Good player. 

17 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Another 2023 repeat? We going to get any top end talent in 24?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Our 2023 class is nowhere near complete. So, too early to assess 2023, never mind 2024 IMO.

More on Passmore from Carolina Jam

I have been watching Passmore now for almost three years. He just continues to get better and better. During Garner Road‘s first game on Saturday, Passmore was running late and arrived right after halftime in work was a close game. Passmore scored 23 points in the second half on a variety of dunks, three-point shots, and athletic finishes at the rim. He can change a game with his leaping ability, causing problems on the defense of end, as well as scoring on opportunities that other players would not be able to be sent to cut his list to 10 schools on May 1 and has quickly became one of the most coveted prospects in the 2024 class. - Justin Byerly