Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - G Rakease Passmore to Kansas

17 minutes ago, schoosier said:

New Unis look sweet. Hope they break them out soon!

They're a Black History Month uniform we wore last year.

And they are most definitely sweet. I'd love to see them again.

I like the way he breaks down defenses (or just goes over them).  I like that he commented on how much he likes that Woodson coaches defense.  I like that he claims his court vision is from his time as a quarterback.  He seems pretty excited by the IU offer and the visit.  There's still plenty of time for Duke to offer.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/08/04/rakease-passmores-top-2024-guard-prospect-adidas-college-basketball-recruiting

26 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This one feels like a 'highest NIL bidder" type-o-thing.

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

They all kinda feel that way these days.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Pretty much all the top guys.  Been that way for a long while unless you get the hometown connection.  Even then, deals are made.  

True, but it's not an absolute with a procurement-style RFP winner for most recruits. Many high-level kids and their families are smart, and while they want NIL, they're also interested in the long game of sustained NBA development and maybe even teaching their kids to be upstanding human beings. 

So, when Malik Reneau decommitted from Florida he didn't collect NIL bids; he almost immediately visited the place his best friend was at, based on glowing reviews of IU from JHS. He could have collected SEC NIL offers that would have likely exceeded IU, but he has parents and coaches that love Woody and believe in the culture of people and development that Woody was presenting.

6 hours ago, Demo said:

Combine Academy’s home games are streamed on YouTube. So, right now there are 2 Passmore games and an inter-squad scrimmage posted and they play again tomorrow night. Watched everything that’s up Sunday night and will scribble some thoughts at some point, but, condensed version, the kid is an almost perfect system fit.

I'm interested in hearing you expand on this. 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

True, but it's not an absolute with a procurement-style RFP winner for most recruits. Many high-level kids and their families are smart, and while they want NIL, they're also interested in the long game of sustained NBA development and maybe even teaching their kids to be upstanding human beings. 

So, when Malik Reneau decommitted from Florida he didn't collect NIL bids; he almost immediately visited the place his best friend was at, based on glowing reviews of IU from JHS. He could have collected SEC NIL offers that would have likely exceeded IU, but he has parents and coaches that love Woody and believe in the culture of people and development that Woody was presenting.

Yup.  Those are the ones that are ideal.  Would also be nice to be able to sit at the table financially for the best players if it’s a match on the other levels.