Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - G Meleek Thomas

Another 30 point game for Meleek in an 84-72 win over Highlands to advance to a state quarterfinal game against Laurel Highlands on Friday.  He also had 10 rebounds.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:  Thomas came alive in the second half, scoring 22 points. He finished the game 13 of 25 from the field, including 7 of 8 in the fourth quarter. He showed his versatility, scoring on everything from drives, to mid-range jumpers to 3-pointers.

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Pennsylvania 4A state championship.

Lincoln Park has a senior high-major PG who’s really good and with the game on the line the HC’s call is just give it to the soph and clear out.

That kid’s a Guy.

Indiana: “The atmosphere is crazy there. It’s a basketball town. “Meleek, Meleek,” I went for the North Carolina game, and everyone was screaming my name. It was big, and it is all love with the fans.

https://www.on3.com/news/meleek-thomas-breaks-down-his-recruitment-kansas-state-villanova-pittsburgh-indiana/

Rob Cassidy -

A Saturday conversation with No. 7 prospect Meleek Thomas revealed a list of heavy-hitters he said have piqued his interest most. The class of 2025 five-star guard rattled them off quickly when asked about who was in the thick of the mix to land his commitment.

“Kentucky, Duke, UConn, Indiana, Michigan are all involved. K-State is involved a whole lot right now,” Thomas said on Friday.

According to Thomas, the Wildcats have kicked in the door to the thick of his recruitment via their Elite Eight run last season but also because the staff has demonstrated its ability to assemble a winning roster quickly. Obviously, standing toe-to-toe with programs such as Duke and Kentucky isn’t going to be easy for Jerome Tang and company, but they seem to have positioned themselves well when it comes to getting a visit.

“I’m definitely considering them in the back of my mind because of the coaching staff and the year they just had,” Thomas said. “With the players they recruit and bring in, it’s pretty clear that they know what they’re doing. They want to get me on campus for a visit and I’m probably going to try to make it happen.”

Thomas said he hopes to make a decision around this time next year and will definitely be committed before the start of his senior season.

43 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rob Cassidy -

A Saturday conversation with No. 7 prospect Meleek Thomas revealed a list of heavy-hitters he said have piqued his interest most. The class of 2025 five-star guard rattled them off quickly when asked about who was in the thick of the mix to land his commitment.

“Kentucky, Duke, UConn, Indiana, Michigan are all involved. K-State is involved a whole lot right now,” Thomas said on Friday.

According to Thomas, the Wildcats have kicked in the door to the thick of his recruitment via their Elite Eight run last season but also because the staff has demonstrated its ability to assemble a winning roster quickly. Obviously, standing toe-to-toe with programs such as Duke and Kentucky isn’t going to be easy for Jerome Tang and company, but they seem to have positioned themselves well when it comes to getting a visit.

“I’m definitely considering them in the back of my mind because of the coaching staff and the year they just had,” Thomas said. “With the players they recruit and bring in, it’s pretty clear that they know what they’re doing. They want to get me on campus for a visit and I’m probably going to try to make it happen.”

Thomas said he hopes to make a decision around this time next year and will definitely be committed before the start of his senior season.

This kid is ultra-impressive.  I mean I want Sisley and Haralson, but this kids is tier1.