Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - G Meleek Thomas

Thomas 38 points Friday night for Lincoln Park (PA) in a 77-74 win over a very good Imani Christian squad.

Thomas made 12 field goals, including two 3-pointers, and was 12 of 14 from the line. 

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Added shooting stats

On the heels of his 38 pt. game Friday night, he poured in 30 more yesterday against Montour in a 70-50 win.  I scored him with 30p; 6r; 4a; 6s; 0b; 2t.   10-18 FG; 4-8 on 3s; 6-7 FT.  You can watch this game at the link below.  He's #5 in the white uniform.

Having watched him play, I'm giving him 2 thumbs up and really hope to see him in candystripes.  Plays under control, handles the ball well with either hand, great court awareness, strong defender, can create his own shot.  His Lincoln Park team played a swarming man-to-man defense the entire game always looking to doubleteam and trap the ball handler.  Thomas was out on top and helped force an untold number of Montour turnovers.  When Montour was able to settle into its offense, I don't recall that Thomas was ever beaten off the dribble by his man.  A really fun game to watch.

On 1/7/2023 at 10:13 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

25p in an 86-78 win over Canisius (NY).

Had a chance to watch a stream of this game.  In addition to 25p he added 8r; 2a; 2s; 3b; 0t.  11-21 FG; 1-7 on 3s; 2-2 FT.   Haven't found any source for detailed game stats and very few of his games are streamed.  I assume he's typically better than a 14% 3-point shooter.  He played the entire 32 minutes.  Lincoln Park is 11-0 on the season and Meleek's averaging 24.8 ppg.  

Although they lost, the Canisius team was a really enjoyable team to watch.  They played hard the entire game.  They kept the ball moving on offense and repeatedly attacked the basket scoring in the paint almost at will.  They didn't take many 3-pointers but it seemed like they hit a high % of the ones they did take.  Total opposite of what we suffered through last night.