Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Hoosier Hysteria - Oct. 7 2022

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The 80's had The Replacements, Metallica, Sonic Youth, and Husker Du. That stuff will live on through many generations.

They also had the Cars, the Police, Journey, Van Halen, U2 -- all bands I really liked (well not so much Journey), saw their concerts, but they haven't stood the test of time. Young adults don't listen to the Cars, most don't even know who they are., few listen to U2. I love Metallica, great band, still enjoy the Pretenders, etc., but, uh, the 80s also brought us the great wave of Duran Duran, Culture Club, etc. There's good music in every decade, but I'd take the 70s over the 80s any day (though I'm doing my best to skirt disco :) )

13 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

They also had the Cars, the Police, Journey, Van Halen, U2 -- all bands I really liked (well not so much Journey), saw their concerts, but they haven't stood the test of time. Young adults don't listen to the Cars, most don't even know who they are., few listen to U2. I love Metallica, great band, still enjoy the Pretenders, etc., but, uh, the 80s also brought us the great wave of Duran Duran, Culture Club, etc. There's good music in every decade, but I'd take the 70s over the 80s any day (though I'm doing my best to skirt disco :) )

Not trying to bust on you, HH! I think my point is that people in every generation, every decade make incredible art. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Not trying to bust on you, HH! I think my point is that people in every generation, every decade make incredible art. 

Oh I know, and couldn't agree more. I was just saying (imo) a lot of the big 80s bands just didn't stand the test of time -- the synthesizer decade lol. 

Great scene from a movie that can bring you back to your kid/music days, Spielberg's Super 8 (underrated, good film) -- set in the 80s, teenagers sitting around jamming to My Sharona -- Ooh my little pretty one, pretty one, when you gonna give me some time Sharona.... (wait, I looked it up and it was '79 lol)

About 12 years ago I went on field trip with my daughters class to DC.  Couldn't believe that all of these 12-13 year old kids knew all the words of Don't Stop Believing from Journey 

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

There’s some good grooves, but I hate when they digitize the voice 

This is a hilariously awesome G Herbo review.  “Grooves, digitize voice” are words never  spoken by G Herbo listeners.  Lol

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier