Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Hoosier Hysteria - Oct. 7 2022

15 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

If I'm driving, it's what I want to listen too. emoji3.png

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Yes, for me the negotiation would go something like this:

Kids: Can we listen to something obnoxious and loosely associated with music?

Me: Are you paying for the car? Insurance? Gas? 

Me: No? Then, enjoy your ear buds.

24 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

Yes, for me the negotiation would go something like this:

Kids: Can we listen to something obnoxious and loosely associated with music?

Me: Are you paying for the car? Insurance? Gas? 

Me: No? Then, enjoy your ear buds.

I've always been an information junkie:

Kids: "I wanna listen to XXXX"

Me: "Tell me what's good about it."

Kids: "You'll like it because (groove, beat, lyrics, musicianship, originality .. something!)"

Me: "Let's give it a spin"

If you wanna play, you gotta justify.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm an information junkie:

Kids: "You'll like it because (groove, beat, lyrics, musicianship, originality .. something!)"

I prefer intelligence gathering methods that don't require self torture. I also need calmer, more soothing music while driving in traffic or else the objectionable content that they hear may not be coming from their music, lol!

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I've always been an information junkie:

Pretty common occurrence on the way to school:

4 Year Old: Dad, play some Def Leppard

Me: Why?

4 Year Old: Because it's awesome

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

John Mellencamp's ex girlfriend says you guys are crazy

5eFhLeOXCJSW6rB7az.gif

That song should be "Sucky Exhibit A"

When it was made he was not a car mechanic, he was a zillionaire in a Mercedes living uptown.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

When it was made he was not a car mechanic, he was a zillionaire in a Mercedes living uptown.

His early stuff is pretty good, he went way, way South when he landed the hot model. I guess it's hard to be a soul-felt moody piano man when you have an uber hot model girl. :)

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

What if I told you that John Fogerty wasn't Born on the Bayou?  He was born in an upscale neighborhood in California.  Rob Zombie says he can never die, but he most certainly will.  Freddie Mercury really did not have a thing for fat bottom girls.

I think I'm going to need more than "he was not a car mechanic"

Billy rules!

52 minutes ago, Josh said:

What if I told you that John Fogerty wasn't Born on the Bayou?  He was born in an upscale neighborhood in California.  Rob Zombie says he can never die, but he most certainly will.  Freddie Mercury really did not have a thing for fat bottom girls.

Billy rules!

I just read a Fogerty bio. He was born pretty low-end poor (in California, not the Bayou).

Freddy most definitely did not have a thing for fat-bottomed girls (as Seinfeld would say; not that there's anything wrong with that)

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Billy rules!

Or that the Beach Boys never surfed and couldn’t lol

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Billy rules!

We (me and Hova) have already decided he sings like he has a sinus condition.

Pretty common occurrence on the way to school:

4 Year Old: Dad, play some Def Leppard

Me: Why?

4 Year Old: Because it's awesome

Sounds like my youngest around that age(early 2000's). He just turned 26 and listens to 70s and 80s rock and Country. Smart man

12 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Sounds like my youngest around that age(early 2000's). He just turned 26 and listens to 70s and 80s rock and Country. Smart man

You know it's pretty cool to see our adult and young adult kids enjoying the stuff we listened to. All my kids, even with their different tastes, like songs like Aerosmith's Walk This Way (I mean, how couldn't  they?) and Sweet Emotion, Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody and We Will Rock You, etc. 70's-80's (and really the 90's too, not so much the 80s imo) had some special bands.

5 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

You know it's pretty cool to see our adult and young adult kids enjoying the stuff we listened to. All my kids, even with their different tastes, like songs like Aerosmith's Walk This Way (I mean, how couldn't  they?) and Sweet Emotion, Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody and We Will Rock You, etc. 70's-80's (and really the 90's too, not so much the 80s imo) had some special bands.

The 80's had The Replacements, Metallica, Sonic Youth, and Husker Du. That stuff will live on through many generations.