Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Hoosier Hysteria - Oct. 7 2022

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

How old are your kids?

My 20 year old likes Sibelius and Bach, my 19 year old likes Taylor Swift, and my 16 year old likes The Velvet Underground.

Car rides are a negotiation on family trips.

My 19 year old (girl) loves Taylor Swift, has seen her live twice, among other (Billie Eilish etc). My 21 year old is all hip hop and rap, listing his favs would cover a page. My 25 year old is electronic and classical.
Car rides involve earbuds lol

Solid move. Since the performance is after the on-court portion, those who don’t want to see Herbo can head out and let everyone else enjoy. I am “young” but would definitely not be sticking around for this if I went to HH. Hip-hop passed me up about 8-10 years ago lol. 

16 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He’s popular nationwide. 7.7 million followers on IG. He’s not in the Drake tier, but he’s definitely someone recruits know. 

When you remove the bots and spam accounts that total probably comes closer to 4.5 million, which is still pretty impressive. 

I've never heard of the guy, but if it helps us get top recruits to HH then I'm all for it.

3 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

When you remove the bots and spam accounts that total probably comes closer to 4.5 million, which is still pretty impressive. 

I've never heard of the guy, but if it helps us get top recruits to HH then I'm all for it.

I think the most important thing is that the staff recognized the need to modernize Hoosier Hysteria, i.e., bring in a performer like other schools have done, and that the performer we got is the right kind of genre and isn’t someone who recruits would hear and say “who is that?” That’s all we need, imo. Hoosier Hysteria has been kind of meh to me for a while tbh, so I’m glad they’re doing something new. Should be a good crowd with it being homecoming weekend.

35 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I think the most important thing is that the staff recognized the need to modernize Hoosier Hysteria, i.e., bring in a performer like other schools have done, and that the performer we got is the right kind of genre and isn’t someone who recruits would hear and say “who is that?” That’s all we need, imo. Hoosier Hysteria has been kind of meh to me for a while tbh, so I’m glad they’re doing something new. Should be a good crowd with it being homecoming weekend.

^^This^^

If you've listened to the Hoosier Hysterics podcasts with recent IUBB signees, they routinely ask them questions like "favorite food" and "favorite musical acts." The recruits almost always respond with the latest, greatest break-out hip hop artists. The Hoosier Hysterics guys then without fail ask if the recruits have heard of John Mellencamp. Even worse, they then without fail ask if they have heard of Billy Joel.

The answer, of course, is almost always "no." (maybe not for Leal lol) The Hysterics guys then invariably tell the signees that their parents have heard of Billy Joel and John Mellencamp. BTW; I suspect that many of their parents are also either too young or not aware of Billy Joel or John Melllencamp.

IT IS EXTREMELY AWKWARD every single time. This is much, much better. And if G Herbo helps to get an extra 5,000 students into the Hall, the old codgers will enjoy the whole thing more. Maybe a few of them will even stick around to get a taste of what da' youths are listening to!

Time to start wondering which recruits will be in attendance for this year's event.  It was a slow day for me waiting for the cold front to hit and get rid of the heat and humidity.  Went back through previous year's Hoosier Hysteria threads and tried to put together a compilation of the attendees for the past several years.  It's far from perfect but kind of a fun exercise.   HH in 2020 was done in a virtual format so there were no recruits in attendance.  Enjoy a stroll down memory lane.

2015   2016   2017

Commits   Commits   Commits
Grant Gelon   2017 SF Justin Smith   PG Robert Phinisee 
Curtis Johnson       SF Damezi Anderson 
        SF Jerome Hunter
2016 Mario Kegler   2017 PF Billy Preston    
2017 Malik Williams   2018 PG Darius Garland    PG Darius Garland 
2017 Alex King   2018 PG Dylan Penn   SG Romeo Langford 
2017 Paul Scruggs   2018 PG Robert Phinisee    
2017  Kris Wilkes   2018 SG Jamal Harris   2019
2017 Justin Smith   2018 SG Steven Fitzgerald   SG Alex Hemenway 
2017 Al Durham   2018 SF Musa Jallow   SF Keion Brooks Jr.
        PF Trayce Jackson-Davis 
2018 Romeo Langford       C Brandon Stone
2018 Mekhi Lariy   2019 PG Ethan Watts    
2018 Robin Duncan   2019 PG Joseph Yesufu   2020
2018 L'Christian Smith   2019 SG Alex Hemenway    
2018 Kevin Easley   2019 SG Kyle Rode   2021
2018 Torrance Watson   2019 SF Cobie Barnes    PG Jalen Blackmon 
2018 Robn Phinisee   2019 SF Javin Etzler   Blake Sisley
2018 Damezi Anderson   2019 SF Michael Moreno    Chrishawn Christmas
2018 Musa Jallow   2019 F Sam DeVault    Colson Montgomery
2018 Austin Boucher   2019 SF Tayson Parker    Curt Hopf
    2019 PF Sydney Curry    Drew Carlton
2019 Logan Carter   2019 C Logan Carter    Khristen Lander
2019 Sam DeVault   2019 C Matt Dove   Trevor Taylor
2019 Alex Hemenway        
2019 Keion Brooks   2020 G Cade Graham    
2019 Sydney Curry   2020 C Mabor Majak     

Jalen Adaway        
Jack Nunge        
Jaren Jackson        

2018   2019   2021

Trayce Jackson-Davis   Khristian Lander   Jalen Hood-Schifino
Keion Brooks   Trey Galloway   C. J. Gunn
Caleb Furst   Anthony Leal   Gabe Cupps
Ethan Morton   Caleb Furst   Jacob Theodosiou
Armaan Franklin   Trey Kaufman   J. Q. Roberts
Trey Kaufman       Joey Brown
Jalen Blackmon       Joey Hart
Jaden Ivey        Sam Orme
D. J.Hughes       Logan Imes
Pierce Thomas       Cooper Koch
Curt Hopf       Caleb Middleton
Khristian Lander       Lyna Brooks
Anthony Leal        

Never heard of him, but if that is who the players want, I'm fine with it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

As long as he doesn’t commit a felony while in Assembly Hall.
G Herbo will bring in way way WAY more students and a few less cranky ol codgers. ([mention=4011]Class of '66 Old Fart[/mention] will still be welcomed and revered).
Yea I think people took my post negatively even though I stated I have no problem with his legal troubles. Just surprised the university is ok with it is all.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

If this isn’t the straw that breaks the camel’s back…

Billy Joel sucks. 

14 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Yes he does. Like an off-tune, overblown Dyson with a sinus condition.

Whoa whoa whoa...I didn't say anything bad about whatever this Herbie dude is, there's no need to attack Billy!  Grumpy old men