Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Stuhoo

2024 (SF) Tyler Betsey to Cincinnati

Watched Betsey's Thursday and Friday games and I wish I knew what others saw in him that merits his offer list that includes Alabama, UConn, Michigan State, Duke, Iowa, LSU among others.  It's personally frustrating to me because all I saw was a very ordinary player.  Majority of the shots he took were catch and shoot; didn't attempt to create his own shot off the dribble but for a few times.  Most of the time he was on the perimeter and simply kept the ball moving.  I thought he was very good on the defensive end.

Won Thursday's game 71-58.  I had him with 11p; 1r; 0a; 2s; 0b; 0t.    4-8 FG; 3-5 on 3s; 0 FT    Played about 25 minutes.

Won Friday's game 63-46.  4p; 3r; 2a; 0s; 0b; 0t.             2-6 FG; 0-3 on 3s; 0 FT            Played about 20 minutes.

Another target specifically commenting on JHS development.

Indiana: “I saw what they did with Jalen Hood-Schifino. They created a plan for him; they stuck to the plan and didn’t listen to what people on the outside were saying. A lot of people were saying he wasn’t a one-and-done when the season started, and they developed him into a first-round pick. Coach (Mike) Woodson was a player, and he coached in the NBA. He can help me get there.”

https://www.on3.com/news/tyler-betsey-has-five-official-visits-in-mind-uconn-alabama-indiana-lsu-creighton/

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Indiana: “I saw what they did with Jalen Hood-Schifino. They created a plan for him; they stuck to the plan and didn’t listen to what people on the outside were saying. A lot of people were saying he wasn’t a one-and-done when the season started, and they developed him into a first-round pick. Coach (Mike) Woodson was a player, and he coached in the NBA. He can help me get there.”

https://www.on3.com/news/tyler-betsey-has-five-official-visits-in-mind-uconn-alabama-indiana-lsu-creighton/

If Ware and Mgbako are first round picks after this season, IU will likely join the elites in recruiting pull. It would also help if TJD squeaks into the 1st round.

25 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

So, with that interview he just became one of my absolute favorite prospects. Two quotes really stood out:

“When I go on these visits, I want to get a feel for the school as a student. I know I’m going to play a lot of basketball, but honestly, I’m going to be a student more than I’m a basketball player in college, so I want to go get the feel around campus and see how people treat you. I want to go around and see what the college town is all about and how the teachers are.”

And as if that's not enough, when asked for a recruiting quote about UConn, instead of the usual platitudes he answers with analysis that shows a severely interested, bright young player:

“They play aggressively in the gaps. UConn shoots the gaps on defense because they always have big men who can protect the rim, like Donovan Clingan. They run their shooters off a lot of flairs and pin-downs, and I’m comfortable doing that.”

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So, with that interview he just became one of my absolute favorite prospects. Two quotes really stood out:

“When I go on these visits, I want to get a feel for the school as a student. I know I’m going to play a lot of basketball, but honestly, I’m going to be a student more than I’m a basketball player in college, so I want to go get the feel around campus and see how people treat you. I want to go around and see what the college town is all about and how the teachers are.”

And as if that's not enough, when asked for a recruiting quote about UConn, instead of the usual platitudes he answers with analysis that shows a severely interested, bright young player:

“They play aggressively in the gaps. UConn shoots the gaps on defense because they always have big men who can protect the rim, like Donovan Clingan. They run their shooters off a lot of flairs and pin-downs, and I’m comfortable doing that.”

Impressive!

He may have only been a Hoosier for a single season but JHS is proving to be an incredible help on the recruiting trail.  This quote from Betsey:  “That relationship is good and I really liked what they did with Jalen Hood-Schifino. He wasn’t a one a done to start the season so it really shows the work they did. They had a plan and now we’re see it pay off.”

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/article/tyler-betsey-indiana-creighton-uconn-211531416/?fbclid=IwAR3p_Z95RcrENiT__3zBvJI6Ydtzltvg_Q1FrJsQGehaHZ5JZYuV542M4LU

100% a player I'd love to see at IU! Don't think he would start as a freshman but he's a kid that for sure would slide in as a sophomore. 

Insane what's going on. Feels like IU is in great shape with Liam, Boogie, Queen, Jaedan, and Tyler. As an IU fan I can't remember this kind of recruiting momentum. I remember 2010-2012 IU was popular but it cooled off for various reasons. Still, gotta close...

59 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

100% a player I'd love to see at IU! Don't think he would start as a freshman but he's a kid that for sure would slide in as a sophomore. 

Insane what's going on. Feels like IU is in great shape with Liam, Boogie, Queen, Jaedan, and Tyler. As an IU fan I can't remember this kind of recruiting momentum. I remember 2010-2012 IU was popular but it cooled off for various reasons. Still, gotta close...

Woody > Clappy, both as a coach and as a recruiter/closer. 

3 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Woody > Clappy, both as a coach and as a recruiter/closer. 

I'm not at all a big NBA fan. But the top guys you want to get for your team all want to get there. Woody played for 11 years, was an assistant for 14 years, and head coach for 8...Recruits I think are starting to see his work pay off (Jalen and Trayce really helped Woodson prove that). Really starting to wonder why he wasn't hired before 2021..