Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
eddy4iu

Kansas public sale for IU game....

13 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I’d love to get a tip time confirmed for this game. 

We did a bit of deductive reasoning on this yesterday. There is a pretty loaded slate of games that day. Besides IU/KU, there is the CBS Sports classic of UK/UCLA and UNC/OSU. Houston plays at Virginia. Tennessee plays at Arizona. Plenty of other not as marquee games like St. Johns/FSU, some Big East conference matchups, and plenty of other power 5 non-conference matchups. 

The CBS sports classic games are slated for 2pm and 4:15pm EST. I would think our game will be carried by ESPN. I would also think ESPN will consider IU/KU their feature game of the day, and not want it to compete with the games on CBS. If that's the case, it leaves either an early tip at noon EST or a primetime tip. Even if ESPN carries UT @ Arizona, that could easily be a later tip off being on PST. So, my conclusion is we'll tip off sometime around 7 or 8pm EST. In which case it will probably be at noon. 

2 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

We did a bit of deductive reasoning on this yesterday. There is a pretty loaded slate of games that day. Besides IU/KU, there is the CBS Sports classic of UK/UCLA and UNC/OSU. Houston plays at Virginia. Tennessee plays at Arizona. Plenty of other not as marquee games like St. Johns/FSU, some Big East conference matchups, and plenty of other power 5 non-conference matchups. 

The CBS sports classic games are slated for 2pm and 4:15pm EST. I would think our game will be carried by ESPN. I would also think ESPN will consider IU/KU their feature game of the day, and not want it to compete with the games on CBS. If that's the case, it leaves either an early tip at noon EST or a primetime tip. Even if ESPN carries UT @ Arizona, that could easily be a later tip off being on PST. So, my conclusion is we'll tip off sometime around 7 or 8pm EST. In which case it will probably be at noon. 

Nice detective work. Noon (11am for me, even better) would be preferred for getting home, primetime would be preferred for the atmosphere. I'm good with either and leaning toward just splurging for 2 nights in a hotel since I'm no longer paying for tickets.

On 9/12/2022 at 6:23 PM, eddy4iu said:

$250-$350 high-up behind the baseline seems kind of expensive for non-scalper, purchased directly from the KU ticket office, seats.  I wonder what IU charges if/when they have seats available for a good game?

EDIT…They also have a few sideline seats, but still behind the baseline, that are in the second row from the very top of Phog and those are $450! KU cashing in.

6 hours ago, DChoosier said:

$250-$350 high-up behind the baseline seems kind of expensive for non-scalper, purchased directly from the KU ticket office, seats.  I wonder what IU charges if/when they have seats available for a good game?

EDIT…They also have a few sideline seats, but still behind the baseline, that are in the second row from the very top of Phog and those are $450! KU cashing in.

Easy. IU is behind the times and charges the same roughly $55 for ANY main level seat if they have a few left over tickets (which they do every once in a while) whether the game is against UNC or Moorhead State. 

Past thinking like this is why the program has struggled. Its not a big deal but its a small part of the trend of why we don't keep up with the times and don't always compete with other elite teams.

Every single other team in the country (including IU Football) charges based on the opponent and seat location. IU does not (other than charging less for balcony than main level).  

Out of curiosity I went to my account on the KU ticket site today and my order history is blank. No evidence of me buying tickets anywhere. Sent my info and confirmation # to the ticket office and I’m waiting to hear back still, but that doesn’t exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling. 

9 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Out of curiosity I went to my account on the KU ticket site today and my order history is blank. No evidence of me buying tickets anywhere. Sent my info and confirmation # to the ticket office and I’m waiting to hear back still, but that doesn’t exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling. 

I am assuming that they charged your credit card? That should serve as order confirmation.

Also, it seems like you’ve mentioned having sold off some of the other games in the package and if so you must have electronic tickets? I could be mis-remembering though.

Is Kansas ticket account Paciolan like IU? Try clicking on Transfer Tickets instead of Order History and see if tickets pop up. 

9 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Same with us. I wasn't the one who bought the tickets, but my buddy had a freak out moment when he saw nothing in his order history. He called the ticket office and they confirmed they had his order. Not sure what's going on with it not showing in the actual order history. I expect they'll be taking plenty of calls/emails about that as the game gets closer. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Same with us. I wasn't the one who bought the tickets, but my buddy had a freak out moment when he saw nothing in his order history. He called the ticket office and they confirmed they had his order. Not sure what's going on with it not showing in the actual order history. I expect they'll be taking plenty of calls/emails about that as the game gets closer. 

Whew. Was hoping you had the same experience. I’m guessing they’ll show up in the history when they’re made available for download. I hope they come earlier than 48 hours before because I think I screwed up setting the mobile delivery date and don’t want to change it because the buyer has the option to cancel the order if I do. 

1 hour ago, eddy4iu said:

I am assuming that they charged your credit card? That should serve as order confirmation.

Also, it seems like you’ve mentioned having sold off some of the other games in the package and if so you must have electronic tickets? I could be mis-remembering though.

Is Kansas ticket account Paciolan like IU? Try clicking on Transfer Tickets instead of Order History and see if tickets pop up. 

Yeah we have mobile tickets, just not available yet. (Which is fine)

Their ticket sites look very similar, so I assume it’s the same system. I tried the transfer thing yesterday and there was nothing to be found. Seems like it’s a common issue though so I’m not too worried. 

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Whew. Was hoping you had the same experience. I’m guessing they’ll show up in the history when they’re made available for download. I hope they come earlier than 48 hours before because I think I screwed up setting the mobile delivery date and don’t want to change it because the buyer has the option to cancel the order if I do. 

Yeah that's going to be a stressful transfer. I'm also luckily not the one managing the StubHub sales but I made sure to tell my buddy to specify the 48 hours before game time thing so the buyers know to have that expectation. Still feels a bit like we'll just have to see how it goes as far as these Stubhub sales actually happening. 

For anyone that was freaking out about their KU ticket account, (it was probably just me) my order is showing up in my account today. No mobile tickets yet, but the order history is finally accurate.