Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Illinois (9/2) 8 p.m. EST on FS1

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

This feels like a classic Indiana football team:

Tries hard, coin flip games against the other worst teams in the B1G, good enough to hang with the big-boy teams for 2 1/2 quarters before fading. 

Five-ish wins. Scraping for a bowl and coming up just short.

Also— as bad as the o line is, we are in desperate need for a running back that can push the pile. We will turn into a 50 passes a game team every game unless a young rb is miraculously good.

Good on Walt Bell! He seemed to recognize our deficiencies and still put 23 points up. I feel like with Sheridan we wouldn’t have had a chance last night.

What the hell is up with Carpenter’s shotgun snaps? They were so loopy soft it seemed like Connor had 1/2 second less on every pass.

With this team the buildup to basketball season is gonna be amazing.

The problem is, Shivers is probably decent. But the offensive line is so terrible. I don't care if we had Barry Sanders, Jerome Bettis, Reggie Bush and LaDanian Tomlinson for running backs. They'll look the exact same as our RBs did last night. Like garbage. 

The problem is, Shivers is probably decent. But the offensive line is so terrible. I don't care if we had Barry Sanders, Jerome Bettis, Reggie Bush and LaDanian Tomlinson for running backs. They'll look the exact same as our RBs did last night. Like garbage. 
Disagree. Think Shivers' vision is not good. He had a carry last night that had he cut back the opposite side there was nobody there for at least 15 yards, instead he ran directly into the backs of his line for a loss. The O- line is awful but a RB with some vision could still make some things happen. Imo Shivers is equally as bad as the line which is which is not a good combo.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Ummmm...no.  Barry Sanders played behind atrocious line with no passing game.  Bettis ran over defenders.  Bush had great vision and speed.  Tomlinson.....nevermind.  I hope you aren't being serious

I’ll give Shivers some more time before writing him off. Let’s not forget that he got absolutely destroyed on the first play of the game. Can’t imagine anyone being all there after the hit he took. I haven’t seen someone’s head bounce off the turf like that in a long time. 

20 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Stevie Scott would help a lot because he could plow for two yards up the gut when the line sux. With Shivers we’re gonna need to throw in every down.

13 minutes ago, Josh said:

Ummmm...no.  Barry Sanders played behind atrocious line with no passing game.  Bettis ran over defenders.  Bush had great vision and speed.  Tomlinson.....nevermind.  I hope you aren't being serious

No I am being serious. This offensive line is that horrid. There wasn't a point in time where they didn't get pushed back. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No I am being serious. This offensive line is that horrid. There wasn't a point in time where they didn't get pushed back. 

So Barry Sanders would be no good if he had a bad offensive line?

I'm sorry, that's just silly.

I'll take the win and move on to the next one. It felt to me more like Illinois lost than IU won. As always, hopefully we can make improvements and stay competitive in games we have a chance to win. I'm not exactly bullish after watching that game.

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Did her predecessor even know we had a football stadium?

Saw him there for a meeting with the AD once. His (armored?) Suburban was parked up on the sidewalk (think where the Taliaferro statue sits now) and he had armed security with him. Not kidding.