Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2024) - SF Dink Pate

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

A Dallas kid tweeting the offer with a Bracey picture.

Wonder if there’s a close connection?

Beat me to that by like 30 secs. There’s gotta be something to that. 

4-star Dink Pate listed as a 6'7" SF by 247.  Attended Pinkston HS in Dallas, TX last season but has transferred to Prolific Prep for 22-23.  Played AAU for Team Trae Young on the Adidas circuit.

@IAMTHESHOOTER1

Rivals

Hudl

Games Pts FG% 3P% FT% Reb Ast TO Stl Blk
22 AAU   17U 13 7.9 36% 25% 67% 5.4 4.2 3.1 0.9 0.3
HS 21-22 N.A.                  
HS 20-21 26 17.7                

I’ve got zero recruiting confidence after the show we’ve put on in ‘23.

That being said, we’ve thrown our name in on a bunch of top kids for ‘24.

Hopefully, we have a good season and NIL steps up and we can get a legitimately killer class and triumphantly make our return to blue blood recruiting status.

Or I’ll just cross my fingers and put up my Dreamcatcher.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

12 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’ve got zero recruiting confidence after the show we’ve put on in ‘23.

That being said, we’ve thrown our name in on a bunch of top kids for ‘24.

Hopefully, we have a good season and NIL steps up and we can get a legitimately killer class and triumphantly make our return to blue blood recruiting status.

Or I’ll just cross my fingers and put up my Dreamcatcher.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Didn't realize the 23 class is done and Newton and Cupps are good players in that class.  I get it that some people look at everything in a negative light and others look at things in a positive light.

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't realize the 23 class is done and Newton and Cupps are good players in that class.  I get it that some people look at everything in a negative light and others look at things in a positive light.

Agreed, and it seems like we are in decent position for Page.  If we add him, that's still a very nice class.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I view positive things positively and negative things negatively.  ‘22 class rocked, and said so.  

Now we are poised to lose 3.5/4 starters and we bring in 2 long term contributors SO FAR.  

‘22 class gave me a little bit of confidence that we can get most of our targets. We cast a narrow net in ‘23. Missed most of our Summer targets already.  Page is nice.  Would be a solid get and in another thread I’ve mentioned him as our most likely addition.  

Transfer Portal keeps hope alive.  For anyone to deny our recruiting swager didn’t take a hit in ‘23 would be lying to themselves.  That’s not to say the transfer portal can’t  be a huge benefit this season. 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I view positive things positively and negative things negatively.  ‘22 class rocked, and said so.  

Now we are poised to lose 3.5/4 starters and we bring in 2 long term contributors SO FAR.  

‘22 class gave me a little bit of confidence that we can get most of our targets. We cast a narrow net in ‘23. Missed most of our Summer targets already.  Page is nice.  Would be a solid get and in another thread I’ve mentioned him as our most likely addition.  

Transfer Portal keeps hope alive.  For anyone to deny our recruiting swager didn’t take a hit in ‘23 would be lying to themselves.  That’s not to say the transfer portal can’t  be a huge benefit this season. 

Also two of our top recruits the last two years we didn't get until April due to other coaches getting fired.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also two of our top recruits the last two years we didn't get until April due to other coaches getting fired.

Granted, it happened twice but that's lightning in a bottle.  The odds of that happening are very, very low.  Now, the transfer portal could be huge, I hope and admit.  And of course, development.  Geronimo, Banks, Duncomb, Reneau.  All hope is not lost, just not the recruiting swagger I like.  Even the bigs we targeted are a little underwhelming, it really makes me wonder what the staffs plan is for the 4/5.  I think penciling Reneau into the starting 4/5 spot is obvious.  Page is a solid developmental big.  Backup minutes to start and Starter minutes down the road.  

I've stated before, I wasn't head over heels for Kaiser or DHS.  DHS seemed nice but that is what Newton should provide mostly.  DHS is a better rebounder, but we weren't going to play him as a 3, so whatever.  Booker is interesting.  He seems like he would have been a great fit for what we want besides maybe the extracurriculars.  That one was clearly complicated.  The odd thing is the 4/5 spot and our offers...Maybe the staff always wanted to go transfer portal.  I hope.  

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Don't get too concerned that there's no mention of us in the story.  It's dated Aug. 11, and our offer was extended on Aug. 23.

https://www.circuitscouting.com/news_article/show/1235445

Interesting that he’s heading back home. Not the most common occurrence.