Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Hoosier Hysterics

I'm in the corner that these two are clowns. Love the podcast but they seem hanger-oners of the program. I do think they got better access because Eric gave Coach Woodson's daughter a job in LA. But we do need a successful NIL program. But maybe the article will put them in check a little. Their getting a little too big for their britches 

There it is, was waiting for someone to point that out. Weird how that works..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Shouldn't the people at high levels in the department be exactly the ones that would step in?

They are trying.  That's why you are seeing things change with HH.  But my contention, and their concern is that narcissists are going to be narcissists, and they will just keep coming up with ways to push the envelope.

9 hours ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

and they will just keep coming up with ways to push the envelope.

Like giving Woody's daughter a job? Seems to me the relationship should be arms length, because of their HH Collective and the money that flows thru there, not one of "nepatism". This is the type of stuff that while it may be legal, sure has bad optics.

I also wonder who is making the decision for the allocation of cash thru the collective. I've never heard anything about a "review board" or "committee" or anything. So I have to assume that Pankowski and friend are making the decisions themselves. Also bad optics IMO.

26 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Why do you have to assume that? You could assume that they've struck deals with each player and everyone is on the same page in terms of what their allotment is. We don't have to assume the worst. 

It looks to me like that players and the HH guys are on good terms and have a solid working relationship. 

On the optics for both, but especially Woody's daughter, I'm not sure there are any optics. Outside of a few posts on some message boards, is anyone really even talking about it? Certainly nobody outside of some IU fans and maybe that writer from earlier this week, nobody really cares. 

I have no idea how anything these guys do could be counted as bad optics. The stuff on Twitter is the OPPOSITE of that. Same with Woodson's daughter... she is great! 

11 hours ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

They are trying.  That's why you are seeing things change with HH.  But my contention, and their concern is that narcissists are going to be narcissists, and they will just keep coming up with ways to push the envelope.

You seem like a joy of a person. 

19 hours ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

what does this mean? What does push the envelope mean, in regards to Hoosier Hysterics? 

I find it strange they bother so many of you. It seems like jealousy to me. 

Just now, triple said:

Agreed.  I avoided listening to them for a while based on comments here.  Looking back that was silly.   Live and let live.

Right. I mean, hopefully those guys just keep growing the thing they have right now and it turns into more of a positive for our university. 

4 hours ago, triple said:

Agreed.  I avoided listening to them for a while based on comments here.  Looking back that was silly.   Live and let live.

They just greatly annoy the hell out of some of us. Everytime I've tried listening to a podcast, my ears have bled. And I don't believe that's normal. 

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

Why do you have to assume that? You could assume that they've struck deals with each player and everyone is on the same page in terms of what their allotment is. We don't have to assume the worst. 

It looks to me like that players and the HH guys are on good terms and have a solid working relationship. 

On the optics for both, but especially Woody's daughter, I'm not sure there are any optics. Outside of a few posts on some message boards, is anyone really even talking about it? Certainly nobody outside of some IU fans and maybe that writer from earlier this week, nobody really cares. 

I'm not disparaging Woody's daughter at all. I'm sure she's a wonderful person because she has 2 great parents who cared and wanted the best for her for her whole life.

I assume things differently from you because I dislike the "jr high" personalities of the HH guys. Their previous actions with recruits were an embarrassment...for me at least.

They are about as far from "credible media" as you can get, and yet they have media credentials. At least Mike Schuman, the ITH writers (and even the interns) have far more objectivity than either of the HH guys. Pankowski's resume when we was running for Board of Trustees was a joke. 

Everybody has a bias. I do. You do, we all do. That's not the point. I couldn't care less about what they say or do on their podcasts, or their Twitter feeds, except for how it impacts our recruits. There is more than enough competition for recruits without these guys getting in their face, cornering them, and asking them to "blink once for yes and twice for no" on some stupid question.

I care about them adhering to the rules of NIL, and not getting IU in trouble because they overstepped the boundaries. And with their "insider" access, I'm concerned they won't think things thru before they act, like they did with recruits, and some of their posts.

If they adhere to the NIL guidelines then I'm all for them helping the cause. But based on what I've seen so far from them, my bet is 50/50.

And when you're dealing with allocating a significant amount of cash, I think objectivity is important. If they struck individual deals with each player, then that's great. Glad to hear it. But nowhere has there been any accounting (that I've seen) on where the money is going. And yet they never miss an opportunity to ask all of us, business owners, and any other IU fan to contribute blindly to their collective. If I'm forking over money to these guys, I want to know where its going.

OK...rant is over. We disagree and that's fine. It's what makes the world go round. I sincerely hope you guys are right, and I'm wrong. Time will tell.

2 hours ago, DWB said:

I'm not disparaging Woody's daughter at all. I'm sure she's a wonderful person because she has 2 great parents who cared and wanted the best for her for her whole life.

I assume things differently from you because I dislike the "jr high" personalities of the HH guys. Their previous actions with recruits were an embarrassment...for me at least.

They are about as far from "credible media" as you can get, and yet they have media credentials. At least Mike Schuman, the ITH writers (and even the interns) have far more objectivity than either of the HH guys. Pankowski's resume when we was running for Board of Trustees was a joke. 

Everybody has a bias. I do. You do, we all do. That's not the point. I couldn't care less about what they say or do on their podcasts, or their Twitter feeds, except for how it impacts our recruits. There is more than enough competition for recruits without these guys getting in their face, cornering them, and asking them to "blink once for yes and twice for no" on some stupid question.

I care about them adhering to the rules of NIL, and not getting IU in trouble because they overstepped the boundaries. And with their "insider" access, I'm concerned they won't think things thru before they act, like they did with recruits, and some of their posts.

If they adhere to the NIL guidelines then I'm all for them helping the cause. But based on what I've seen so far from them, my bet is 50/50.

And when you're dealing with allocating a significant amount of cash, I think objectivity is important. If they struck individual deals with each player, then that's great. Glad to hear it. But nowhere has there been any accounting (that I've seen) on where the money is going. And yet they never miss an opportunity to ask all of us, business owners, and any other IU fan to contribute blindly to their collective. If I'm forking over money to these guys, I want to know where its going.

OK...rant is over. We disagree and that's fine. It's what makes the world go round. I sincerely hope you guys are right, and I'm wrong. Time will tell.

Are you in a position to donate? Are you in a position for them to think that you could donate? Have they asked you to donate? Have you asked them about your concerns with optics and the such? 

I’m going to assume no to all of these, since you are posting your grievances on a message board. How about asking them directly if it’s truly important. 

On 8/24/2022 at 1:10 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Can we just get Mark Cuban to “John Ruiz” our program to the next level?  

lol.  I imagine we’ve tried.  

Pat on back…

Mark Cuban Foundation involved in Fantasy Weekend to whatever degree.  

I know Mark would love for IU to be a blue blood again.  How much does he want it?  Will we allow it?  

Enough smart people should figure this thing out. 

17 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Pat on back…

Mark Cuban Foundation involved in Fantasy Weekend to whatever degree.  

I know Mark would love for IU to be a blue blood again.  How much does he want it?  Will we allow it?  

Enough smart people should figure this thing out. 

Back in June iu stuck a deal with campus ink for nil and Cuban has something to do with that company as well.   My guess he will help in any form he can within the rules allowed.