Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

IUFB 2022 Season Thread

3 hours ago, BtownStrength said:

We out here catching strays ha! 

On a non-embarassing note, Hendershot is a baller. 

Joe Buck went to IU, so i think it was more Aikman giving his buddy a hard time than a shot at IU. 

Was watching the highlights from the 2013 game against Illinois... That defense was beyond trash, which I think everyone knows anyways. Gave up 35 points and 450 passing yards  But that offense... We won 52-35. That team obviously had Tevin Coleman, Cody Latimer and Nate Sudfeld. Suds threw for 267 and 3 TDs. Latimer had 189 yards and 3TDs that included a 41 and 50 yard TDs. Coleman rushed for 215 and 2 TDs including a 64 and 75 yard TDs. Stephen Houston rushed 150 and 2 TDs. Shane Wynn , Kofi Hughes and Ted Bolser were also on that team. Along with a couple NFL lineman in Spriggs and Feeney. Unfortunately that defense really helped waste all of that crazy talent and offensive firepower. I think we were Top 10 in YPG, Top 20 Passing YPG, Top 30 in rushing YPG and Top 15 in PPG. The defense was pretty much the exact opposite. 

19 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Was watching the highlights from the 2013 game against Illinois... That defense was beyond trash, which I think everyone knows anyways. Gave up 35 points and 450 passing yards  But that offense... We won 52-35. That team obviously had Tevin Coleman, Cody Latimer and Nate Sudfeld. Suds threw for 267 and 3 TDs. Latimer had 189 yards and 3TDs that included a 41 and 50 yard TDs. Coleman rushed for 215 and 2 TDs including a 64 and 75 yard TDs. Stephen Houston rushed 150 and 2 TDs. Shane Wynn , Kofi Hughes and Ted Bolser were also on that team. Along with a couple NFL lineman in Spriggs and Feeney. Unfortunately that defense really helped waste all of that crazy talent and offensive firepower. I think we were Top 10 in YPG, Top 20 Passing YPG, Top 30 in rushing YPG and Top 15 in PPG. The defense was pretty much the exact opposite. 

Wilson did a great job of building very good offenses. He had us rolling OL wise, as well. We were a top 5-6 OL in the conference at that point..

Spriggs, Feeney, Rahrig, Jake Reed... I'm missing one or two. Good, good football players. 

Latimer, Shane Wynn, Bolser, Kofi, Houston, Redding, Howard, Sudfeld, Coleman.  Absolutely had some good players, offensively, during those years. 

Not much has changed in IUFB in the 30 years I’ve followed them. It’s all about expectations. With IUFB, I know we stink, so I enjoy watching it unfold each week regardless.

With basketball, I maintain the seemingly irrational belief we will act like a blue blood again someday.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

50 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not much has changed in IUFB in the 30 years I’ve followed them. It’s all about expectations. With IUFB, I know we stink, so I enjoy watching it unfold each week regardless.

With basketball, I maintain the seemingly irrational belief we will act like a blue blood again someday.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Try watching IU football for 50 years

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Try watching IU football for 50 years

Agreed.  Attended speech class at IU in '69 with Jade Butcher.  Learned more than I wanted to know about Tartan Turff, Astro Turf, and why he wanted to be a coach.

Only reason we lost was 3 turnovers.

The sky has not fallen.

We haven't lost to Purdue this season.

And there is basketball.

Get the QB so that he can hit a crossing pattern over the defensive line's outstretched hands.  Or that intentional grounding crap.

We did reach 700 losses Saturday -- quite an achievement. 

But I did some checking and during my five years at this storied football institution (yes, I needed five years to get a sheepskin), we were 33-24-1. I cannot imagine there was  a better five-year run of Hoosier football. 

So I guess it's on me to pack up and head back to Bloomington. I'll get another undergrad degree, a masters, a doctorate. Whatever it takes.