Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

IUFB 2022 Season Thread

I don't have high hopes at all but am hopefully proven wrong... Some things I'm interested in seeing..

- The offensive line. Can it make any strides whatsoever? Arguably has the worst position coach in the P5 but maybe they can make something work with a new OC. 

- McCulley at WR. How much run will he get this year? It's not a very talented group of guys so he should have a shot at getting PT of he works.

- How will the defense deal with losing McFadden. He was clearly THE dude of the defense. Can they get back to attacking, turning opponents over instead of just getting punched in the face. Last year's DC was pretty terrible and thankfully is gone. 

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't have high hopes at all but am hopefully proven wrong... Some things I'm interested in seeing..

- The offensive line. Can it make any strides whatsoever? Arguably has the worst position coach in the P5 but maybe they can make something work with a new OC. 

- McCulley at WR. How much run will he get this year? It's not a very talented group of guys so he should have a shot at getting PT of he works.

- How will the defense deal with losing McFadden. He was clearly THE dude of the defense. Can they get back to attacking, turning opponents over instead of just getting punched in the face. Last year's DC was pretty terrible and thankfully is gone. 

I don't have high hopes either, but I will hope for 6 wins and a bowl. After last year I would consider that a positive, but it's hard to see a path to 6 wins. 

This might be a hot take, but I think the receivers will be better than last year. Having DJ back is huge, and I think some of the younger guys have the ability to make a name for themselves now that Fryfogle is gone. 

Overall, if the team stays healthy I think their ceiling is 6 wins. But I could easily see a 3-4 win season (or worse). 

20 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

This might be a hot take, but I think the receivers will be better than last year. Having DJ back is huge, and I think some of the younger guys have the ability to make a name for themselves now that Fryfogle is gone. 

DJ was electric before his injury last year. He was completely torching Cincy, but Penix couldn’t hit him consistently. I don’t think it can be understated how important it is to just have someone that can get the ball to the guys in the WR room, regardless of who is in it. Ideally Bazelak can do that. Adam Henry is an absolute stud too. That group will be just fine. Judging the WR room off of 2021 doesn’t make any sense to me considering a true freshman and Grant Gremel took a majority of the snaps. 

52 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

DJ was electric before his injury last year. He was completely torching Cincy, but Penix couldn’t hit him consistently. I don’t think it can be understated how important it is to just have someone that can get the ball to the guys in the WR room, regardless of who is in it. Ideally Bazelak can do that. Adam Henry is an absolute stud too. That group will be just fine. Judging the WR room off of 2021 doesn’t make any sense to me considering a true freshman and Grant Gremel took a majority of the snaps. 

To me, his injury was the beginning of the end for the season. We win the Cincy game, and maybe the season goes a different direction instead of snowballing out of control.

3 minutes ago, cthomas said:

To me, his injury was the beginning of the end for the season. We win the Cincy game, and maybe the season goes a different direction instead of snowballing out of control.

Agree. We found out how slippery of a slope losing a heartbreaker and stacking up injuries can be. 

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

I think we win that Cincy game if college refs weren't an absolute joke and don't eject McFadden from the game. They scored right after that and the game was essentially over from there. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think we win that Cincy game if college refs weren't an absolute joke and don't eject McFadden from the game. They scored right after that and the game was essentially over from there. 

I’ve never seen anything like the vacuum that sucked the air out of the stadium after that happened. It was eerie. 

25 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Camper's name has been coming up often throughout the spring & summer, could be another name to watch.

Yep! I was just naming the younger guys!

On 8/13/2022 at 12:28 PM, IUc2016 said:

Watching the big ten network training camp tour and they were at IU yesterday. 

One note, the btn crew was very impressed with Dasan McCullough and believe he will be a big contributor this year. 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-freshman-dasan-mccullough-makes-big-impression-in-first-scrimmage/

Dailyhoosier article on Dasan.