Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JimmerNoe

Hoosier Fan Fest

59 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

You need the school involved so the recruits can be on campus for official visits during that time.   You are correct it is a major recruiting event.    Keep both and while the recruits are on their visit for Hysteria the current players can tell them look this is October before the season starts and there is over 10,000 people here to watch a practice.    We also have another one in August that is similar but the difference is we each took home X amount of dollars from the NIL collective.  

There is no reason why the recruits couldn't go even without "school involvement."  Burgess was there this weekend. 

I hope you are right.  I just saw a poorly attended Hysteria last year in Woodson's first year.  I am just afraid people won't make the trip there twice for what to them feels like the same stuff.  Most fans don't appreciate all the nuances.  If the place looks empty in front of a bunch of recruits, that is a big problem.

12 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

There is no reason why the recruits couldn't go even without "school involvement."  Burgess was there this weekend. 

I hope you are right.  I just saw a poorly attended Hysteria last year in Woodson's first year.  I am just afraid people won't make the trip there twice for what to them feels like the same stuff.  Most fans don't appreciate all the nuances.  If the place looks empty in front of a bunch of recruits, that is a big problem.

Yes and he had to pay his own way because it was unofficial. Recruits aren't going to show up in the numbers they normally do for HH without the school being able to pay for it as an official visit. 

29 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Yes and he had to pay his own way because it was unofficial. Recruits aren't going to show up in the numbers they normally do for HH without the school being able to pay for it as an official visit. 

Also the coaches had to leave after they were introduced because NIL was involved.  You need the school HH so the coaches can be involved.  

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

There is literally no reason why Burgess' visit could not have been an official this weekend if he/IU wanted it to be.  You are connecting dots that don't exist.

14 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

There is literally no reason why Burgess' visit could not have been an official this weekend if he/IU wanted it to be.  You are connecting dots that don't exist.

He will be doing  his junior official later in the fall.   You want recruits on campus multiple times if possible.   The fact he made an unofficial visit to this event while also planning a junior year official visit later is a really good thing 

52 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Why would a kid blow an official on the weekend of an event that the coaches can't even go to? Are we really complaining about an event that's putting money in players' pockets?

It must be August.

The event seemed to be enjoyed by the fans and the players.  That is all that should matter about an event like this.  You are right on.  

On a side note, and maybe they are, but wouldn't this be an easy way to disguise big donor money.  hint, hint.  maybe........

23 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hit piece out on Twitter against the Hoosier Hysterics under the #IUBB.  Some other accusations made underneath it all.  I don't have the best feeling about it all.  I am hoping it all works out great for IU.  Why must we constantly sabotage ourselves?   I personally have grown to enjoy their show but I wish they weren't one of the groups operating the NIL stuff.  I think that stuff should happen behind the scenes.  

Excellent post Doc - Ima gonna start a new thread based on it. It is a fascinating dynamic.

NCAA going to NCAA.    Didn’t change the rule but ncaa compliance officers changed their own interpretation of their own rule according to Rabjohns.    It will still be a good time and looking forward to taking the family.   Any chance   to go to Assembly Hall is a good day regardless of stupidity 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

NCAA going to NCAA.    Didn’t change the rule but ncaa compliance officers changed their own interpretation of their own rule according to Rabjohns.    It will still be a good time and looking forward to taking the family.   Any chance   to go to Assembly Hall is a good day regardless of stupidity 

So NCAA. You can use your skills to get paid BUT you can't show your skills as part of the agreement to get paid. Totally makes sense.

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Still looking forward to this as well. Maybe it will be better as it might be more time to meet the players and coaches. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Question for those who have been..do they have photos for players/coaches to sign like at Huber's or do you need to bring something for players to sign. 

I would bring something.  Team calendar should be available for purchase as well.   I think they are $12