Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

eddy4iu

Basketball ticket info.....

11 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

Latch on to a season ticket holding friend who doesn’t plan to go and ask them to buy for you

if you might know someone send em my way partner :) I've been trying to get 2 tickets for the last three years

12 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Holding off on lodging until we have a game time. I saw 1:30 somewhere, but I doubt that’s concrete yet. About a 6 hour drive for us so we’ll come in Friday for an early game or Saturday morning for a late game. It looks like staying in the KC area will be easy from my little bit of research. 

Yeah we gave staying in KC a thought but we are opting for the full on college town experience and staying in Lawrence. Found 2 rooms at decent hotel right off Mass St for a reasonable price which was pretty surprising. One kind of annoying thing is just how simple this has been because I can nearly guarantee the return visit to Bloomington will not be near as easy to book decently priced things. At least we’ll be able to drive. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Yeah we gave staying in KC a thought but we are opting for the full on college town experience and staying in Lawrence. Found 2 rooms at decent hotel right off Mass St for a reasonable price which was pretty surprising. One kind of annoying thing is just how simple this has been because I can nearly guarantee the return visit to Bloomington will not be near as easy to book decently priced things. At least we’ll be able to drive. 

Yeah, have fun with the tickets for the return trip. $130 per might get you a parking pass somewhere on 10th street. I can’t believe you can just straight up buy season tickets for KU basketball for like $500. No waitlist from what I can tell. 

On 8/3/2022 at 8:12 PM, Hovadipo said:

I can’t fathom that price holding, but I sure hope it does. I told the wife I’d pay $120 apiece to watch IU at Kansas no questions asked, so if we make anything at all back on those other games it’s icing on the cake. My goal is to get around $75-$100 total on the other 3 games. 

Lol…someone just scooped up ONE of our tickets to the Harvard game for $132. So maybe the market is there!!

On 8/5/2022 at 10:47 AM, NashvilleHoosier said:

Lol…someone just scooped up ONE of our tickets to the Harvard game for $132. So maybe the market is there!!

Update: My Harvards just got picked up for $110 apiece. If I sell the other 2 games for what they’re listed I’m getting paid to go to this game. 

57 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Update: My Harvards just got picked up for $110 apiece. If I sell the other 2 games for what they’re listed I’m getting paid to go to this game. 

Amazing. Our Southern Utah tix sold over the weekend. I don’t recall the exact amount but we are down to something like $40/person to go to this game so far and we still have 2 Harvard tix and all of whatever that 3rd game is still to sell. Very good chance we will also get paid to go.

7 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I ordered my tickets for the mini plan a few days ago. How long did it take for you all to get the tickets?

My understanding is they’ll be mobile delivery 48 hours before the event. A friend of mine is the one managing selling on StubHub so he made sure to specify that in the listings there as well. 

1 hour ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Anyone have a beat on when the IU/AZ tickets go on sale for Vegas?

Well, it’s pretty obvious that the info I reported to start this thread wasn’t worth a ****. When I inquired again late last week I was told info would be out this week. It’s Tuesday and no info yet so a grain of salt is probably insufficient but it’s all I got.

Word has it that those who requested Arizona tickets through IU should hear tomorrow regarding whether they got tickets or not. Just won't be told at what price point their requests were filled yet.

On 8/15/2022 at 6:01 PM, Hovadipo said:

Update 2: Pittsburg State exhibition sold for $30 apiece. My IU/KU tickets are officially free. 

On 8/30/2022 at 1:02 PM, eddy4iu said:

Word has it that those who requested Arizona tickets through IU should hear tomorrow regarding whether they got tickets or not. Just won't be told at what price point their requests were filled yet.

Update: IU will allocate the 1500 tickets received contractually for now and may get more if other schools return tickets from their allotments. Short-staffed ticket office exacerbated by Friday football game activity is impacting getting notifications out. “Hopefully this week.”

On 9/1/2022 at 2:58 PM, Hovadipo said:

Update 2: Pittsburg State exhibition sold for $30 apiece. My IU/KU tickets are officially free. 

If you want to feel even better about this, it appears single game tix went on sale for all KU non-conference games today. The section we're in, even in the corner, is $228/ticket before fees, it appears. We aren't in for free yet, but we're currently standing at $42 each with 5 total tickets left to sell from the package. 

9 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

If you want to feel even better about this, it appears single game tix went on sale for all KU non-conference games today. The section we're in, even in the corner, is $228/ticket before fees, it appears. We aren't in for free yet, but we're currently standing at $42 each with 5 total tickets left to sell from the package. 

I should've bought 2 (or more) ticket packages. Good lord.

As a faculty member, I just got an email today saying I could buy season tickets, so I jumped on two tickets immediately. I am pumped, because I've been on the waiting list for a couple of years. I am not able to make a number of games for various reasons (vacation, conferences, classes, etc.), so I'd like to sell those that I can't go to. I was wondering what people's experience has been with sites like Stubhub, and if that is the best way to sell them. Any advice would be great.

1 hour ago, Pudman said:

As a faculty member, I just got an email today saying I could buy season tickets, so I jumped on two tickets immediately. I am pumped, because I've been on the waiting list for a couple of years. I am not able to make a number of games for various reasons (vacation, conferences, classes, etc.), so I'd like to sell those that I can't go to. I was wondering what people's experience has been with sites like Stubhub, and if that is the best way to sell them. Any advice would be great.

Congrats on getting season tickets and graduating from the waiting list!  GREAT year to break through as good times ahead.

StubHub charges exorbitant seller and buyer fees and you have no control over who buys your seats.  What I mean is if you don't want opposing fans in your seats and prefer to insure that your seats are used by IU fans you might consider using any of the IU fan site ticket boards to list tickets you can't use.  There is a ticket forum on this site in the dropdown forum menu - here's a link:  https://btownbanners.com/forum/30-ticket-exchange-forum/

Here's a link to another very good option for selling and buying between IU fans and season ticket holders.   https://247sports.com/college/indiana/board/ticket-exchange-bb-106112/ 

Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns about using IU forums - I am very familiar with them.

Best of luck and Go Hoosiers!!!!!

I got the email too but was to late and they were already gone when I went to order them.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk