Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - PF Caleb Williams to Georgetown

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

We have seen other parents talk great about IU and then the player commits elsewhere (Page)?

Sidwell with a 70-44 win over St. James.  I scored Williams with 16p; 5r; 4a; 2s; 3t in less than 25 min. of court time.  He had 6p and 2r in the 1st half yet seemed hardly noticeable on the court.  In the 3rd Q, Sidwell scored 19p and Williams accounted for 13 of them  -- 8 on his own buckets and 5 more via assists.  He added 2r; 2a; and a steal in that quarter.  To me, he's got a very smooth left handed shot.  I had him with 5-7 FG; 2-3 on 3s; 202 FT.

Unfortunately, several of his latest games have been streamed but he's not been in uniform and with no play-by-play no way to know why.  He's been with the team and a cheer leader from the bench and no visible indications of an injury, i.e., crutch, boot, brace, cast, etc.  Possibly back issues similar to JHS.

From Trent Watson of The Season Ticket:  Caleb Williams is a six-foot-seven wing based out of Washington D.C. who is coming off a Peach Jam championship with Team Takeover, and is one of the most highly touted prospects coming out of the DMV area. Williams has great shooting touch, fluidity, physical attributes and a natural feel for the game. His game has a nice blend of finesse and force, possessing good functional strength that allows him to be effective inside and create mismatches against smaller defenders. Does present high-level athleticism with a quick and effective first step. Plays with great poise and at his own pace, not letting over aggressive defenders speed him up. Williams versatility as a scorer is what intrigues me the most about him. Confident creation out of the low and mid-post areas but can also space the floor from the perimeter and is adept at attacking closeouts. Smooth game off the dribble but is comfortable shooting on the move or in spot-up situations. Lethal in the triple threat with effective shot fakes and a polished jab-step series, that help him get to mid-range fades and pull-up jumpers. Smooth lefty guard who allows the game to come to him, plays with high IQ and is a capable playmaker. Williams currently holds high-major offers from Miami, Michigan, Villanova, Maryland, Indiana, Notre Dame, Penn State, Virginia and more.

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He’d be a great, great get. Not an instant impact player, but smart, defensive minded, coachable, long, and can shoot the three ball.

fingers crossed.

I like him as a player and obviously he’s a high caliber kid. Don’t really love him, but he feels important for reasons other than just his game. They’ve pushed hard in the DMV with zero result. And not only is Williams a DMV kid, he’s a Team Takeover kid. Along with being maybe the best travel program in the country, it’s probably the most collegial. Kids don’t leave and they make a big, big deal out of it. Hell, KD still talks about it. That would be an important in.