Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

50 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

They must still think IU has a shot then....hope it's not wasted effort. 

How is it a wasted effort to go watch an instate player that played an hour from campus 

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How is it a wasted effort to go watch an instate player that played an hour from campus 

If they have no shot at him it would be wasting a recruiting visit on someone they have no shot at.   Schools only get a certain amount of visits per recruiting period.   The staff doesn’t think it’s a waste since they are there watching but even visiting players in state still count against the recruiting days allowed 

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

If they have no shot at him it would be wasting a recruiting visit on someone they have no shot at.   Schools only get a certain amount of visits per recruiting period.   The staff doesn’t think it’s a waste since they are there watching but even visiting players in state still count against the recruiting days allowed 

Didn't realize there was a limit on how many times you can go see a kid play in a game. You usually recruit and offer  20+ kids knowing you will only get 3-4 of them

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't realize there was a limit on how many times you can go see a kid play in a game. You usually recruit and offer  20+ kids knowing you will only get 3-4 of them

I believe it’s 7 per recruit during evaluation periods through out the year.   Those don’t include the summer evaluation periods.  There is a limit on number of days during these periods that the 4 coaches can be out recruiting.    Been awhile since I have followed it super closely but that’s what it was when I did.   In all my years following it never was a problem for the staff coming close to those numbers but there is a limit 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

I believe it’s 7 per recruit during evaluation periods through out the year.   Those don’t include the summer evaluation periods.  There is a limit on number of days during these periods that the 4 coaches can be out recruiting.    Been awhile since I have followed it super closely but that’s what it was when I did.   In all my years following it never was a problem for the staff coming close to those numbers but there is a limit 

So if the team has several good players does the visit count as one or do you get multiples for each player. Just curious 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

So if you get 7 per every guy you are recruiting how is a waste to go see him even if it is a long shot

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So if you get 7 per every guy you are recruiting how is a waste to go see him even if it is a long shot

If staff knows they are not landing someone and still waste an evaluation day even if they get 7 per kid they only get 130  in person days during academic year.   Some might say that’s a waste.   Seems like you don’t think it’s a waste but some might.   I’m just provided the info.  If you don’t think it’s a waste cool and if you do think it’s a waste cool.   Clearly the staff doesn’t think it’s a waste since they sent 3 coaches today to watch him which uses 3 evaluation days (1 per coach)

54 minutes ago, Muskie Indiana said:

So if the team has several good players does the visit count as one or do you get multiples for each player. Just curious 

I’m guessing that if you go visit one person on the team it would also count for watching the other ones on the team 

I was there for the game, saw Woody, Walsh, Hunter on the baseline. 

Flory is fine. High scorer, but not dominant like you’d expect. Westfield would go at him without a problem. Second half Westfield made their run by running a layup line, where you’d expect Flory to have more impact. A couple times Flory flashed some talent with a fast dunk, but honestly just didn’t pop out like the game was running through him. He did have a good attitude, his teammates like him and he was supportive of them. He’s not awkward or lost out there. He stayed engaged and ran out to set screens the entire game. His effort and attitude was miles above what’s-his-name going to MSU. I’d expect he’ll have much better games. 

E17E43BF-9A19-442B-AA70-E8467C39A108.jpeg

Kokomo with a 61-50 win over Peru.  Flory Bidunga finished with 19 points on 8-11 shooting to go with 12 rebounds & 3 blocks.   Per Raby, Bidunga scored his 500th career point and recorded his 26th career double-double and 11th in a row tonight.

The Kats elected to let Bidunga play with foul trouble in the first half and he picked up his third foul before halftime. He got his fourth early in the third quarter and sat much of the second half.

Today’s Kokomo game against Ben Davis will be broadcast live on WNDY-TV, ch. 23. It’s a 6:30 p.m. game at Brownsburg, part of the Sneakers for Santa showcase.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Kokomo with a 61-50 win over Peru.  Flory Bidunga finished with 19 points on 8-11 shooting to go with 12 rebounds & 3 blocks.   Per Raby, Bidunga scored his 500th career point and recorded his 26th career double-double and 11th in a row tonight.

The Kats elected to let Bidunga play with foul trouble in the first half and he picked up his third foul before halftime. He got his fourth early in the third quarter and sat much of the second half.

Today’s Kokomo game against Ben Davis will be broadcast live on WNDY-TV, ch. 23. It’s a 6:30 p.m. game at Brownsburg, part of the Sneakers for Santa showcase.

They are also showing Cathedral vs Centerville OH(Gabe Cupps)