Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Chicago Pizza

Headed to Chicago tomorrow for our 24th anniversary.  Curious to see everyone's favorite Chicago pizza spots.  We're going to Pequod's for the first time, a little anxious since I've always been a Lou Malnati's and Gino's guy.  Any input?

5 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Headed to Chicago tomorrow for our 24th anniversary.  Curious to see everyone's favorite Chicago pizza spots.  We're going to Pequod's for the first time, a little anxious since I've always been a Lou Malnati's and Gino's guy.  Any input?

Pequod's is worthy of trying. It's probably my favorite deep dish. Can't promise you'll find it better than Malnati's. If you want to try Tavern style, the other popular style of pizza in Chicago that most locals prefer, I recommend Pat's, Candelite, or Vito and Nick's

^^^ Thanks! Will definitely try Tavern style. We go to Chicago a lot, for the food as well as other things. Only place I can find Russian restaurants near me too

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Weiner Circle 

I looked at that- it's between that and Superdawg for a quick bite!  We're doing The Berghoff for dinner tomorrow- fascinating history, then to Blue Chicago, where we got engaged!

7 hours ago, moyemayhem said:

I’m a Lou’s guy too, but Pequod’s is fantastic.  If you like deep dish, it’s as good as anywhere.  

I’d tell you to order a chocolate shake at Weiner Circle, but you probably shouldn’t if you want a 25th anniversary.

Duly noted about the shake lol. Thanks!!

19 hours ago, mamasa said:

I looked at that- it's between that and Superdawg for a quick bite!  We're doing The Berghoff for dinner tomorrow- fascinating history, then to Blue Chicago, where we got engaged!

Love the Berghoff!  Haven't made a Chicago trip in about 15 years.  Might be time to break that streak!

28 minutes ago, pappy1865 said:

Love the Berghoff!  Haven't made a Chicago trip in about 15 years.  Might be time to break that streak!

Glad to hear a positive pre-visit for Berghoff! I'm of German descent (going next year for 25th anniversary), and was very excited to see the history of this place. 

First, The Berghoff was the best German food I’ve ever eaten- Jägerschnitzel was fantastic, but the sides stole the show. Sitting in Pequod’s right now, trying to find the energy to move after eating the best pizza I’ve had! Very quirky story behind the name and logo (it’s a sperm whale and lots of inside jokes). I cannot begin to describe how good this place is. Now off to Lottie’s- if you’re a fan of Chicago Fire/PD/Med tv shows, this is Molly’s on the show. Love the bar! 

F1B201F6-0CB7-42BB-A0C0-70B803AC9D10.jpeg

43 minutes ago, mamasa said:

First, The Berghoff was the best German food I’ve ever eaten- Jägerschnitzel was fantastic, but the sides stole the show. Sitting in Pequod’s right now, trying to find the energy to move after eating the best pizza I’ve had! Very quirky story behind the name and logo (it’s a sperm whale and lots of inside jokes). I cannot begin to describe how good this place is. Now off to Lottie’s- if you’re a fan of Chicago Fire/PD/Med tv shows, this is Molly’s on the show. Love the bar! 

F1B201F6-0CB7-42BB-A0C0-70B803AC9D10.jpeg

Burp.