Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Southside

B10 Expansion Poll (GEO/Market/TV): Part 1.5

B10 Expansion Poll (Market/TV): Part 1.5  

30 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Pick 3 - Which area / market would you most like to see the B10 grow or expand into?

• FL (FSU, Miami, UCF)
    • TX (Baylor, Houston, TTU, TCU, SMU)
    • More Cali (Stanford, Cal, SDSU, FresnoSt)
    • Carolinas/GA/TN (Clemson, UNC, Duke, Wake, NCST, GT, Memphis)
    • Northwest (OR, ORST, WA, WSU, BoiseSt)
    • Southwest (Utah, CO, AZ, ASU, BYU)
    • Northeast (BC, SYR, VT, UVA, WVU, Pitt, Liberty, UCON)
    • Midwest (Cinci, KS, KSU, OKST, ISU)
  2. 3. Pick 3: Of the top 10 viewed (TV Ratings) CFB teams not in the SEC or B10 (leaving ND out)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/07/2022 at 11:50 PM

Taking a bit different look at expansion. Still plan to do the final poll tomorrow or Sunday based on this and previous candidate poll. 

First a question simply on geo area or ballpark market.

Second, a limited vote with the top 10 most viewed (TV ratings) CFB teams outside the current B10 and SEC. 

I still say we need 3 more west coast teams if we are going to 20 teams. It would make it easier with 4 5 team divisions and make it easier for USC and UCLA with scheduling. I still go with my original teams if Oregon, Washington, Standford and ND.

16 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Fun polls thx for posting 

No problem. Slow week lol. 

I wish we could see poll results like this from other B10 fanbases. 

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I still say we need 3 more west coast teams if we are going to 20 teams. It would make it easier with 4 5 team divisions and make it easier for USC and UCLA with scheduling. I still go with my original teams if Oregon, Washington, Standford and ND.

I'm partially in that camp as well, but overall I value overall conference strength over adding more WC teams. 

I do want to add OR though. 

I also want a TX team, so a USC, UCLA, OR, Baylor/TTU/Houston, and Nebraska division (assuming we go to 20 and have 4x5) isn't bad at all for travel (FB). Or even an AZ team instead of a TX team. 

USC for instance already travels to ND every other year, and just signed a home and home with Ole Miss. Riley is on record saying he wants to improve their OoC scheduling, so they were likely going to have 1-2 big trips a year east. 

If the B10 is going to add 4 schools and it’s truly about money and region/viewing audiences, then they need to leave out schools from the Midwest, East (Rutgers, Maryland, and Southwest (UCLA, USC)  Then that leaves Northwest, South/Southeast and Texas area.  If that is the case, then Oregon or Washington, Oklahoma State or Baylor, Miami or FSU and Clemson or UNC.  That will give the B10 the best viewing opportunity, IMO

34 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

If the B10 is going to add 4 schools and it’s truly about money and region/viewing audiences, then they need to leave out schools from the Midwest, East (Rutgers, Maryland, and Southwest (UCLA, USC)  Then that leaves Northwest, South/Southeast and Texas area.  If that is the case, then Oregon or Washington, Oklahoma State or Baylor, Miami or FSU and Clemson or UNC.  That will give the B10 the best viewing opportunity, IMO

Just having two states like TX and FL would be at huge boom for both market and recruiting. 

FL and TX are #1 and #2 in blue chip talent.

Cali is #4, and we just checked that box. And NC is #5... 

There are several other SE states in the top 10, but just setting up camp in FL makes us a player in GA, SC, Bama, LA, etc.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/national-signing-day-recruiting-college-football-2020-Florida-Texas-Georgia-Alabama-143260166/#143260166_9

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Been thinking the same. Some have suggested Stanford as an option but I don’t think a 3rd Cali school brings as much as a school in a state we are not in yet. Especially if that is TX or FL. 

3 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Been thinking the same. Some have suggested Stanford as an option but I don’t think a 3rd Cali school brings as much as a school in a state we are not in yet. Especially if that is TX or FL. 

100% agree!  It’s about expanding the B10 market across the entire U.S. region and all those areas makes sense, but Stanford does not

6 hours ago, maharkn said:

Bring in Gonzaga and saint Mary's and end the mountain west

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I think after the dust settles, we might see a trend toward more basketball first, or basketball only, super conferences. 

Sorta like the Big East out West. 

Zags and St Mary's are WCC, not MW. 

And BYU is leaving the WCC for the B12, so I'm sure they'll be making changes one way or another. 

I think after the dust settles, we might see a trend toward more basketball first, or basketball only, super conferences. 
Sorta like the Big East out West. 
Zags and St Mary's are WCC, not MW. 
And BYU is leaving the WCC for the B12, so I'm sure they'll be making changes one way or another. 
I think the pac 12 would be the best for both those schools though which would make the most sense

8 minutes ago, maharkn said:

I think the pac 12 would be the best for both those schools though which would make the most sense

Neither team has a football team. 

So not a fit for the PAC. 

I honestly do not understand why Stanford does not top every one of these polls. It is literally the most prestigious, non-Ivy university in the country.  And, it has a decorated athletic history across all sports.

Edited by 5fouls

21 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I honestly do not understand why Stanford does not top every one of these polls. It is literally the most prestigious, non-Ivy university in the country.  And, it has a decorated athletic history across all sports.

Money. By adding Stanford we do not gain more TV access in Cali that we won’t have with the additions of USC and UCLA.