Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Southside

B10 Expansion Candidate Poll: Part 1

B10 Expansion Candidate Poll: Part 1  

41 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. ACC: Pick 4 teams that you would want in the B10

2. 2. B12: Pick 4 teams that you would want in the B10

3. 3. PAC: Pick 4 teams that you would want in the B10

4. 4. MISC: Pick 2

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/09/2022 at 04:57 AM

Thought a two round poll might be fun. 

I'll take the tops of each poll and do a second/final poll. 

Going to assume 20 (UCLA/USC + 4 more) at this point, but that's really irrelevant for the sake of the poll. 

ND is not listed in this round, but will be one of the final choices for obvious reasons. 

If there is a team I left out that you'd like to see, let me know.

Vote with whatever you want (logic or heart, or mix lol), but keep in mind that FB $$ and market are two big forces, likely bigger than academics. I'm sure academics will eliminate some though.

I would have added Georgia State into the miscellaneous category.  Obviously it's not a school that would be under consideration but they had the eighth largest college enrollment in 2021-22 at over 52,000....in the Big Ten only Ohio State and Illinois had larger enrollments.  Stadium size is an issue, but they could look to use the Georgia Dome while building/expanding.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I would have added Georgia State into the miscellaneous category.  Obviously it's not a school that would be under consideration but they had the eighth largest college enrollment in 2021-22 at over 52,000....in the Big Ten only Ohio State and Illinois had larger enrollments.  Stadium size is an issue, but they could look to use the Georgia Dome while building/expanding.

The academic rank would definitely hold them back. 

They are making strides in sports though. 

They used the dome in the past. Center Parc (old Turner Field) stadium could be reconfigured or rebuilt to be much bigger. It's pretty strange in it's current state.  Still, as is, it's about he size of OR State.... 

Other than the Pac 12, there honestly is not 4 teams from any of those conferences I would take.

In the ACC I would be okay with UNC, Virginia, or Georgia Tech.

In the Pac 12, Stanford (#1 choice), Cal (if it helps get Stanford, Oregon, and Washington are all okay.  

Honestly, nobody from the Big 12 interests me at all.  Nebraska level athletics at best with less than optimum academics.