Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

On 7/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, moyemayhem said:

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2022/07/14/power-5-desirability-rankings-sec-big-ten-acc

Nice article from SI ranking the desirability of all power 5 colleges.  It’s not perfect, but the end result is in line with the general sentiment.  IU is #49 out of 69.  Top 5 available is no big surprise.

1. Washington 
  2. Clemson
  3. Stanford 
  4. Florida State
  5. North Carolina, Oregon (tie)

LOL. IU is ranked higher than Stanford in both Football, and Attendance. 

IMO, they should have added a Basketball rating. 

14 hours ago, Southside said:

LOL. IU is ranked higher than Stanford in both Football, and Attendance. 

IMO, they should have added a Basketball rating. 

Agreed, I think completely ignoring basketball is a hole.  Also the football rankings are based on just the last 5 years, which is too small a sample in my opinion. With that said, I’ve seen people mention Kansas and Houston as possibilities, and they are ranked as the 2 least desirable of all power 5 colleges by this ranking.

23 minutes ago, moyemayhem said:

Agreed, I think completely ignoring basketball is a hole.  Also the football rankings are based on just the last 5 years, which is too small a sample in my opinion. With that said, I’ve seen people mention Kansas and Houston as possibilities, and they are ranked as the 2 least desirable of all power 5 colleges by this ranking.

In the polls I published, I used FB and BB, as well as academic rank, with a little input on market.

BB is pretty decent impact to level of attractiveness, but it's not everything. It is something that could tip the scale if all other things are equal or close to equal. I think academics are perhaps overrated to an extent. IMO, as long as don't totally suck (fall out of a certain threshold), a non-AAU team would be fine (they could always join, and Nebraska is not). 

I don't mind them using the last 5 years. Teams that are down, are simply down. If they've been down for the last 5 year but kept their market share, then the attractiveness is still probably high. 

Kansas to me aside from BB, just stinks lol. Houston has both good BB and FB, and also a good market. While their viewership might not be where it needs to be, joining the B10 would almost instantly change that. The planned move to the B12 in 2024 has already changed some things for them. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Makes sense they would want to get more PAC12 teams to help travel options for UCLA and USC.  Mega Conference here we come.  

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

All schools I've liked for the potential expansion but wow that's big

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Adapt or die!  I love that we're at the forefront of this instead of the dead being left behind

19 hours ago, incrediboy said:

I absolutely positively HATE expansion of the conference. It dilutes the rivalries the Big Ten has built over the years.

Fans lose to greedy bastards, simple as that in my mind.

Exactly. Unfortunately there really isn't much in it for the fans. 

Oh, we get to see the games on Amazon? How innovative!

Freakin yawn.