Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Likely just fishing to explore value. Seems strange though they'd start when they just lost two of their best. If I were them, I'd quickly try to make some adds before doing this.

Pac-12 Begins Negotiations for Next TV Rights

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/pac-12-tv-negotiations

Pac-12 accelerates negotiations for media rights deals in wake of UCLA, USC exits

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/34198300/pac-12-accelerates-negotiations-media-rights-deals-wake-ucla-usc-exits

10 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

You are correct, but none of those Big 12 teams move the needle in any way. Maybe the SEC adds WV if they need to even up after some ACC acquisitions? 

Oregon & Washington at least have a little cache. Whenever the music finally stops those without a SEC/B1G chair are gonna have to merge to form a solid B level conference. Colorado back in the Big 12!? 

I would argue that Oklahoma State and Baylor are definitely more needle movers than Washington or Stanford.

3 hours ago, go iu bb said:

The B1G can't wait on ND to make up their minds if they want to pull in schools on their supposed wish list like Oregon and Stanford.

Notre Dame can no longer sit on their laurels; that NBC exclusivity deal isn't going to look too promising if the SEC has ESPN money and the Big Ten has Fox Sports money.

16 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

**** Coast.

(I'm as left wing as you can get, and you won't catch me dead out there unless it's for a sporting event.)

I'm a GDI. But yes, the Left Coast is pretty insane these days. I have several friends out there. I also have several that used to be out there, and have moved in the last few years (TX and FL). 

I've been all over the WC in the last 20 years, mostly on business. I used to love it. It's definitely changed. 

20 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Notre Dame can no longer sit on their laurels; that NBC exclusivity deal isn't going to look too promising if the SEC has ESPN money and the Big Ten has Fox Sports money.

It really just depends. ND gets 15+M/year from NBC for just FB, and a little more IIRC from the ACC for the Olympic sports like BB. 

There's ABC/ESPN, Fox/Fox Sports, NBC, and CBS/CBS Sports. And Amazon is trying to work it's way into the space. 

Fox wants the B10 to themselves, as does NBC. NBC reportedly just made an offer that was a little more than Fox. Of course it'll be a bidding war till the dust settles. 

ACC and SEC are ESPN's through the 2034/36.

If NBC doesn't get the B10, they'll obviously want to re-up with ND. CBS is also rumored to want in on the action, and has tried to bid on the ND contract before. Keep in mind CBS lost out to ESPN on the SEC deal. 

And if the PAC, B12, or ACC crumble, that will likely create more value for ND. 

AAC - with ESPN on a 12-year through 2031

ACC - with ESPN through 2036

B10 - split between Fox and ESPN through 2023

B12 - spit between ESPN and Fox through 2025

PAC - split between Fox and ESPN through 2023

SEC - ESPN through 2034

ND - NBC through 2025

I would argue that Oklahoma State and Baylor are definitely more needle movers than Washington or Stanford.
I would agree and add Texas Tech as teams from B12 that would move the needle more than those 2

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Get two schools from the ACC and 2 from the Big 12.

Don't care which ones but that will basically deal a major blow to the SEC.

My picks would be FSU/Miami from the ACC and Baylor/Texas Tech from the Big 12.

Miami and Clemson from ACC

Baylor and Okla St from B12

3 hours ago, HoosierX said:

Because amazing weather and beautiful landscapes are so terrible.

No mention of homeless camps, needles and poop on sidewalks, criminals operating without any fear of being prosecuted, and an insanely high cost of living?

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

No mention of homeless camps, needles and poop on sidewalks, criminals operating without any fear of being prosecuted, and an insanely high cost of living?

You can’t fault all of California for the worst parts of it. The same way you can’t give all of Indiana Credit for the best part(Bloomington)

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You can’t fault all of California for the worst parts of it. The same way you can’t give all of Indiana Credit for the best part(Bloomington)

True. I was in Santa Barbara for a trip this year and that is one of the most beautiful areas I've ever been.

You just couldn't ever get me to the Bay area again.

50 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

True. I was in Santa Barbara for a trip this year and that is one of the most beautiful areas I've ever been.

You just couldn't ever get me to the Bay area again.

My wife and I did a grand California tour about a month ago.  I loved everything except San Fran. I hate the traffic. I hated the parking I had somebody make a racist comment about my daughter and my wife’s cousins boyfriend stopped me from hurting them. 

I would move to Fresno though in a heartbeat if I got offered a good job.