Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

nerdvana

UCLA and USC Joining the Big Ten

Here is an analysis of potential expansion targets for the Big Ten from fivethirtyeight.  This is probably the most thorough breakdown I've seen, and it has some pretty good commentary on each of the potential targets.  The results fall in line with most people's expectations, although both UNC and Utah fared surprisingly well.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/where-should-the-big-ten-expand-next-we-crunched-the-numbers/

The final rankings for potential schools for the Big Ten look like this:

1. Notre Dame
  2. North Carolina
  3. Oregon
  4. Florida State
  5. Washington
  6. Clemson
  7. Utah
  8. Miami
  9. Stanford
  10. Cal

8 hours ago, Southside said:

PAC would be foolish, to say no.... 

Sources: ACC administrators had informal discussions about possible Pac-12, Big 12 additions or merger

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34651932/sources-acc-administrators-had-informal-discussions-possible-pac-12-big-12-additions-merger

I said it earlier, but the ACC and remaining PAC teams merging would be a win/win for both.  The schools have much more in common than either do with the Big 12, and they could push an east coast/west coast narrative that would be easily marketable.  I understand the limitations of the ACC’s current deal, but for the long-term viability of both conferences, this is the most obvious solution.

1 hour ago, moyemayhem said:

I said it earlier, but the ACC and remaining PAC teams merging would be a win/win for both.  The schools have much more in common than either do with the Big 12, and they could push an east coast/west coast narrative that would be easily marketable.  I understand the limitations of the ACC’s current deal, but for the long-term viability of both conferences, this is the most obvious solution.

Yup. 

But IMO, the best situation would be PAC+B12.