Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Southside

Poll: IU's preseason outcome (of the 4 big games)

Poll: IU's preseason outcome (of the 4 big games)  

65 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will our record be for the 4 big preseason games (at Xavier, UNC, neutral site vs AZ, and at Kansas)

2. 2. at Xavier outcome

3. 3. #1 UNC in Bloomington outcome

4. 4. #16 AZ in Las Vegas outcome

5. 5. at #6 Kansas outcome

6. 6. How do you feel about playing 4 big games in the preseason

• Love it.
    • Not sure / undecided / mixed feelings
    • Hate it

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/24/2022 at 02:16 AM

15 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

The power of Assembly Hall! 

I personally think we'll have a good chance to win, but I think it'll be more about their week leading up to our game, than AH. 

AH certainly helps though. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not wild about playing 4 games that big early especially when two Big Ten games are going to be peppered in there as well.

That said, the NCAA committee seems to reward even losses to good competition.

10 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Sometimes. Trying to predict what the committee will think is important is kind of a crapshoot. Some years they've openly rewarded more wins regardless of SOS while others they do place more emphasis on SOS. It is the NCAA who isn't known for consistency. 

17 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not wild about playing 4 games that big early especially when two Big Ten games are going to be peppered in there as well.

So you aren't confident about going 6-0?

giphy.gif

Of the 4 teams, 3 (UNC, KU, and Arizona) are currently ranked above IU in pre-season polls. The other team (Xavier) is a top 30 team IU plays on the road. Just as a matter of probability, IU is not likely to win more than 1 game. If IU shows strong improvement in its 3-point shooting, however, winning more than 1 game is definitely a possibility.  Without that improvement in outside shooting, one win out of the four seems more likely.

Tough one!  I think it comes down to whether or not we'll get production out of the 2-3 spots.  We know what this team is from 1, 4, 5, and with those guys we went 9-11 in the B1G, but they weren't the issue.  It was the mere placeholders we had in the 2-3 spots that never really impacted the game.  Maybe JHS and Bates will be electric and elevate us up a few notches?  Maybe having a playermaker running point 100% of the game will be the difference needed to get wins we otherwise wouldn't?  Maybe Woodson and staff will settle into college ball and unlock a few wins that slipped through last year?  

I'll guess 2-2, and restate what I remember reading at some point:  Not every game result is a reflection on the entire season or direction of the program.  If Xavier comes out and St. Marys us, it doesn't mean we can't win the Big Ten, or whatever.  Going 2-2 is both reasonable and pretty exciting.

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

Of the 4 teams, 3 (UNC, KU, and Arizona) are currently ranked above IU in pre-season polls. The other team (Xavier) is a top 30 team IU plays on the road. Just as a matter of probability, IU is not likely to win more than 1 game. If IU shows strong improvement in its 3-point shooting, however, winning more than 1 game is definitely a possibility.  Without that improvement in outside shooting, one win out of the four seems more likely.

Agree, yet I see us getting 2, somehow.  

Will Sean Miller start the season off on a suspension?  Any talk of that?  

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Will Sean Miller start the season off on a suspension?  Any talk of that?

I have heard nothing about a suspension. Generally, the school pays the penalty for violations even if a coach is to blame.