Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebowski

(2023) CB/S Travon West Decommits

32 minutes ago, VPC said:

What is the expected size of this recruiting class? I like the commits thus far, but it seems like we do not have the numbers.

I was wondering the same thing. So far we have 6 commitments and everyone else in the Big Ten has between 12-20. 

20 hours ago, VPC said:

What is the expected size of this recruiting class? I like the commits thus far, but it seems like we do not have the numbers.

19 hours ago, DChoosier said:

I was wondering the same thing. So far we have 6 commitments and everyone else in the Big Ten has between 12-20. 

I feel like we're going to hit the portal ultra hard this off season and maybe just moving forward, as well.  

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I feel like we're going to hit the portal ultra hard this off season and maybe just moving forward, as well.  

It’s early, and I realize things can change quickly, but I’d prefer to have more than 1/2 to 1/3rd of the recruits landed by all the other BT schools.

Of course we will hit the portal If this continues (and who knows, we might get a slew of commitments soon) but although there are potential good players in the portal many/most of them are guys that were unable to get playing time at their current schools.

Big picture is that Allen’s recruiting has been very good by IU standards and just hope that continues with this class. We shall see.

14 hours ago, HoosierX said:

That made laugh out loud.

While I don't think it's a big deal, it seems strange from someone who had no other Power 5 offers.

West Virginia, Va Tech, Wake Forest, and Kansas St. all made offers to him. It appears most of his offers are closer to home. So who knows for his reasons of the decommit but best of luck to this gentleman.