Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - PF Raleigh Burgess to Purdue

Raleigh Burgess @raleigh_burgess

After my unofficial visit today and a talk with @MikeWoodsonNBA and @B_Walsh2, I’m very excited to announce that I have received an offer from Indiana University!

Image

Watched a couple of Burgess’ HS games when his name 1st came up in late winter. Really interesting kid. What leapt out immediately was how light on his feet he is. He can really run and has terrific lateral movement. He’ll be able to defend pick and roll any way you want to scheme it. Also has excellent hands. He made a couple of really tough catches. Plays and competes hard. Broad and easily projectable skill level. Staley’s report in the Rivals’ piece is pretty accurate. He has 1 thing, and it’s not nothin’: Burgess has ok lower body strength, but his upper body looks like Chet Holmgren. He has to add a lot of weight and he’s not built in a way where he looks like that will just happen naturally. But, if you believe he can bulk up, there’s a lot to like with him. 

Seems like the Hoosier stuff is early on this kid. Same thing with Page. I like that we are finding players early in the process, not late. I felt like with the past couple of staffs we would jump in late on kids. This staff seems to go after kids early, which is very important to some kids/families!

Well, we know he can dunk.  Doesn't seem to shy away from contact and not much else you can glean from these hightlights.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2022/08/29/video-class-of-2024-center-raleigh-burgess-summer-highlights/?fbclid=IwAR2cdeAaN8rQzeZ3mcrvPW7P-w70YsQ97YmJIERTVnVlePiCzOSZBQuw_Es

23 minutes ago, fwgreenway said:

Yeah that's what you see, but he did step out and knock down a few from deep. So...at least he has some perimeter game?

Always the problem with highlight tapes.  How many airballs; how many passes to the fan sitting in the 9th row of the bleachers, etc?   Nice to know he can make 3s but we have no way to know how many he missed.  FWIW he did make 33% during AAU on 39 attempts and was 35% last winter but on just 23 attempts.

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Always the problem with highlight tapes.  How many airballs; how many passes to the fan sitting in the 9th row of the bleachers, etc?   Nice to know he can make 3s but we have no way to know how many he missed.  FWIW he did make 33% during AAU on 39 attempts and was 35% last winter but on just 23 attempts.

yep

One thing I picked up from the tape. He’s not really a springy big man but he seemed to understand sealing his man and getting good position and movement away from the ball.  But yeah, it’s a highlight tape.