Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - PF Raleigh Burgess to Purdue

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Walsh is at Burgess' game tonight per Raby.

Not the hardest guy to pick out. The only guy wearing red in a gym that’s maybe 10% full. 

On 1/1/2023 at 6:55 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

59-45 win over Milford.   20p; 13r; 4a; 0s; 1b; 3t          8-13 FG; 2-3 on 3s; 2-3 FT.

61-47 win over Fairmont.   20p; 8r; 2a; 0s; 0b; 1t          7-7 FG; 6-6 FT

Not sure of competition, but those are great shooting %’s

Some of the stat lines on bigs in HS are interesting.  I feel like certain bigs find a way to make an impact every game. Others struggle to get involved or are erratic.  Booker is a high profile example of this. Some of our current recruits too. I’m not sure if it’s triangle and 2 defense or box and 1 defense.  Or poor offensive execution.  

Thanks for the stats OF.  

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

42 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Some of the stat lines on bigs in HS are interesting.  I feel like certain bigs find a way to make an impact every game. Others struggle to get involved or are erratic.  Booker is a high profile example of this. Some of our current recruits too. I’m not sure if it’s triangle and 2 defense or box and 1 defense.  Or poor offensive execution.  

Thanks for the stats OF.  

One of the biggest problems relating to Burgess specifically but most other targets as well is that even though there's a detailed stat line posted, it rarely ever includes number of minutes played.  His game vs. Marion was essentially over at the half so did he play 20 min. or did he play 30 min.?   Amount of time spent on the bench due to fouls also can come into play.  On the surface his Marion stats aren't overwhelming but unfortunately, there's a lot we don't know if we can't watch the game for ourselves.   We're lucky that some schools report stats to MaxPreps or in the case of Cupps, Powell and Burgess, their conference website posts details.  In a great many cases we're lucky to just get points and maybe rebounds.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

One of the biggest problems relating to Burgess specifically but most other targets as well is that even though there's a detailed stat line posted, it rarely ever includes number of minutes played.  His game vs. Marion was essentially over at the half so did he play 20 min. or did he play 30 min.?   Amount of time spent on the bench due to fouls also can come into play.  On the surface his Marion stats aren't overwhelming but unfortunately, there's a lot we don't know if we can't watch the game for ourselves.   We're lucky that some schools report stats to MaxPreps or in the case of Cupps, Powell and Burgess, their conference website posts details.  In a great many cases we're lucky to just get points and maybe rebounds.

Like Burgess a lot. More than his ranking. I think he’s a really useful piece for a good team. Really useful. But, wish he was more inclined to dominate at that level. He’s too willing to blend into what they’re doing when he has the ability to take over. The light needs to come on that he’s better than everybody else. 

18 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I noticed Burgess did not appear in box scores for games on the 13th or 17th and learned today from @SWOSportsDaily that he suffered a broken leg.  With his regular season scheduled to end on Feb. 10, he's likely finished for the year.

That's really unfortunate for the young man.  Hope he's able to come back from the injury successfully.  

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/ohio-state-buckeyes-football-program-nfl-draft-luke-wypler--205143131/

Article from the OSU 247 site with an update on Burgess. 3 things caught my attention: 1) Says he 7’0” now. Would be pleasantly surprised if that’s true, 2) Says he’s 225lbs. Would be REALLY surprised if that’s true,  3) Is apparently planning to be able to play travel ball, which is great news. Was still on crutches when he was in Bloomington a couple of weeks ago, but checked in on a Sycamore game the other night and he was in a walking boot. So, good progress.