Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Indiana HS Football 2022

14 hours ago, btownqb said:

Just depends on if Cathedral is 5A. 

5A in the south is poop. 

There's some truth to that. However, the south is on a 5 win state title streak. And it wouldn't surprise in the least bit to see that streak continue this year. 

5 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

There's some truth to that. However, the south is on a 5 win state title streak. And it wouldn't surprise in the least bit to see that streak continue this year. 

"the south" .... but those are Indy schools winning those championships. Castle and Bloom S just aren't close to elite right now and it's really hurting the 812 in that division. 

The last 4 have been Cathedral, Cathedral, New Pal, New Pal... I don't consider those "5A South"

Bloom S, Bloom N, Castle, Seymour, New Albany, Jeff(6A currently), Floyd, BNL (4A currently), Both THs, Evansville North are just very average to below average programs. 

East-- ungodly good run. I think they're pretty good this year, I don't think they're making a run though. 

I think you've mentioned that you're an Evansville dude right? 

Going back to Tech, I just wished they would stop treating themselves as being a poverty school.   I know that IPS likely struggles with budget and recruitment is nonexistent but if they envisioned themselves going to the MIC or a conference more centralized in the donut counties, they need to start acting like they can afford a little bit of spending or at least get people who can be more social in the community.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:06 AM, btownqb said:

"the south" .... but those are Indy schools winning those championships. Castle and Bloom S just aren't close to elite right now and it's really hurting the 812 in that division. 

The last 4 have been Cathedral, Cathedral, New Pal, New Pal... I don't consider those "5A South"

Bloom S, Bloom N, Castle, Seymour, New Albany, Jeff(6A currently), Floyd, BNL (4A currently), Both THs, Evansville North are just very average to below average programs. 

East-- ungodly good run. I think they're pretty good this year, I don't think they're making a run though. 

I think you've mentioned that you're an Evansville dude right? 

No disagreement from me. I was just pointing out that the 'south' bracket has been dominant in 5A over the years. And this year Decatur Central, a southern Indy school, has a really good chance to represent the south. Or maybe Whiteland? Who knows. Point being, I would be surprised to see any of the 812 schools you mentioned here playing Thanksgiving weekend but a 'south' school still has a decent chance to win the whole thing.

Because I'm from the deep south of the state I generally think every school north of I-64 is a northern school! LOL!  Heck man, I would lump the Columbus schools in the 'Indy area schools' as well. But I'm sure folk from that area would probably disagree with me.

I mean at this point we're splitting hairs and decoupling the southern half the state but yeah, I hear what you're putting down. The 812 schools haven't been able to get past the Indy area schools, which isn't uncommon in all classes, if we're being honest with ourselves. I mean every now and then you get an 812 sprinkle here and there. But man, central Indiana overall is pretty loaded with some quality football on both sides of the bracket. Which can be frustrating if you're an 812 guy like myself. 

I am in the land of SIAC, that is correct. And make no mistake, I'm a Hoosier! We call ourselves Hoosiers down here. We don't agree with the fellow Hoosier brethren folk north of us that say, 'They might as well be Kentucky down there.' We're Hoosiers dang it!

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

No disagreement from me. I was just pointing out that the 'south' bracket has been dominant in 5A over the years. And this year Decatur Central, a southern Indy school, has a really good chance to represent the south. Or maybe Whiteland? Who knows. Point being, I would be surprised to see any of the 812 schools you mentioned here playing Thanksgiving weekend but a 'south' school still has a decent chance to win the whole thing.

Because I'm from the deep south of the state I generally think every school north of I-64 is a northern school! LOL!  Heck man, I would lump the Columbus schools in the 'Indy area schools' as well. But I'm sure folk from that area would probably disagree with me.

I mean at this point we're splitting hairs and decoupling the southern half the state but yeah, I hear what you're putting down. The 812 schools haven't been able to get past the Indy area schools, which isn't uncommon in all classes, if we're being honest with ourselves. I mean every now and then you get an 812 sprinkle here and there. But man, central Indiana overall is pretty loaded with some quality football on both sides of the bracket. Which can be frustrating if you're an 812 guy like myself. 

I am in the land of SIAC, that is correct. And make no mistake, I'm a Hoosier! We call ourselves Hoosiers down here. We don't agree with the fellow Hoosier brethren folk north of us that say, 'They might as well be Kentucky down there.' We're Hoosiers dang it!

I live in Columbus. Columbus is not an Indy area school! My wife is the AT at CN. 

And yes, you're right about the class struggling to beat the Indy schools across the board. We have Charlestown tonight, so we''ll get a good measuring stick of where we actually are tonight. 

I'm not having a good night.   Tech is getting killed, 27-0.  Does not help we historically do not have punters so the QB does these squib kicks on fourth down setting up prime field position for our opponents. 

EDIT: Left at halftime due to not having a ride home, but when you're down 41-0, it's not like you're coming back.

17 hours ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Does not help we historically do not have punters so the QB does these squib kicks on fourth down setting up prime field position for our opponents. 

Dang, I thought this was only a small school thing. Years ago, we had a "punter" that literally couldn't kick more than 20 yards. You could tell he dreaded being out there waiting for a snap, and he probably got blocked at least 7 or 8 times. The poor kid even had a kick that went straight up and took a backward bounce when it landed, resulting in a minus 10 yard punt. I have no idea why the coaching staff kept sending him out there, but they did. Eventually they just started going for it on fourth down no matter the distance as long as they were beyond their own 40 yard line. 

1 hour ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Two running clock defeats in two weeks for my school.  This time we got shut out in our home opener.

Feels like Logansport and McCutcheon are the only winnable games this season.

Honestly nice to see Indiana adopted the running clock. That had to have made for some long nights in the past. 

On 9/12/2022 at 8:43 AM, HoosierCoop said:

My Norwell Knights are rolling in 3A (currently #6 right now).

Hopefully they can make some post season noise this year.

I'm an Adams Central Jet, I wish we would schedule you guys in out of conference play!  Belmont doesn't want anything to do with us anymore!

13 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

I'm an Adams Central Jet, I wish we would schedule you guys in out of conference play!  Belmont doesn't want anything to do with us anymore!

AC has a formidable program.  Seems like you guys reload every year and make head way in your class.

It would be a good matchup for sure.  Between our conference schedule, they try to do more 3A matchups out of conference.

On 9/3/2022 at 11:37 AM, Hovadipo said:

Honestly nice to see Indiana adopted the running clock. That had to have made for some long nights in the past. 

Ironically, it was nice to have the clock in your favor for once, given Tech's first win of the year was a 49-0 blowout of Richmond, who the previous week got shellshocked by Lafayette Jeff 80-0.