Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

13 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Yeah that was a heck of s squad - and a real measuring stick. To me OG is the difference. As good as Yogi was JHS may measure up, but I don’t see anyone stacking up to OG - big shoes to fill for JG.

But JHS, TJD, Bates, Ren, JG, Race, and  X, with Galloway et al? Just maybe - heck of a looking squad too

Are we talking freshman year OG? I would expect Race/JG to equal that level of production or more, while maybe not quite having the same ceiling defensively.

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

That's the way it should work. Nothing is better than big games being played on campus. Neutral courts can't match the atmosphere of a home and home series. Calipari was such a mercenary, or coward, for wrecking one of the great rivalries in college basketball.

Like JHS twitter clip. Looks like he's far deeper than where the 3 pt line would be.

Pretty consistent stroke looks to me. Especially when they "all" go in....lol

37 minutes ago, DWB said:

Like JHS twitter clip. Looks like he's far deeper than where the 3 pt line would be.

Pretty consistent stroke looks to me. Especially when they "all" go in....lol

That was the 19’ 9” old line on that court. He would need to substantially behind it to be at the college line (and he was).

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

That was the 19’ 9” old line on that court. He would need to substantially behind it to be at the college line (and he was).

Not nit-picking (well OK, maybe I am) but that's why I said " he's far deeper than where the 3 pt line would be." (not is)

I guess depending how you read the post it could be interpreted the way you did.

47 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Probably. After IU, his best 2 offers are MSU and Tennessee. 

UConn offered recently as well. 

MSU has the #17 SF (96) in their 23 class

TN has the #4 SF (99) in their 22 class, plus another 4 star SF.

UConn has no studs in either class, but have 3 SFs on the roster IIRC.

From a pure SF perspective, I think the best situation is likely IU. The timing though has me thinking MSU.... 

Haven't see anything though as far as leans are concerned. Hope Coach Ya has him in the bag. I like the bounce... 

20 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Super intriguing class. Hate to see B1G teams knock it out of the park.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I hadn’t said as much because doubting Izzo has not been a great bet, buuuut prior to their ‘23 recruiting blitz it was starting to seem like he was slipping. Post-Winston/McQuaid/Goins/Tillman they’ve been down a level, they’re entering this year with 9 scholarship players and no one can figure out why they sat out the transfer portal when they could use a 5…there were signs maybe the end was near. This all runs against that.

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Agree and that is why I particularly hate seeing this potential revival.

Imo, Illinois is here to stay with Underwood. He’s willing to do what it takes and he’s got a track record of winning.

Ohio State seems in a good spot maybe with Holtman. I’m not as sold on him but he’s a good coach and OSU continues to get strong classes.

Michigan is going to stay near the top with talent with their money and Howard so long as Howard stays. His coaching isn’t necessarily impressive but the same can be said for Woodson, maybe.

Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin are win with less programs. Rutgers is joining these ranks.

I want MSU and Izzo to fail and fail miserably.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I echo the sentiments of that last line.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If he is good enough to get meaningful minutes, we are going to be very good and very deep.