Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Parker Stewart was a disaster shooting the ball in conference play. Drove me nuts that X kept breaking down the defense and Parker kept missing. If I remember correctly he was below 30% in conference play, and that was with a good game early in conference play.

He was 36.3% from 3 in conference play, best on the team.

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I looked it up:

For the first half of B1G play went 15-31 from 3pt.

Then went 5-24 from 3pt in the second half of the B1G season. 

By the end of the year looked like he was going through the motions just to get the season over and move on.   One foot out the door.   after talking with his family in Dayton seemed  they were ready to move on from IU as well 

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Bigger win in Dayton that night? IU winning first ncaa tournament game in 6 years or me keeping a straight face when his family told me Woody wasn’t using him right and not giving him enough  chances to  shine.  Just nodding my head and mouth shut as Parker preceded to foul a 3 point shooter late in the game and not getting yanked.   Interesting game watching experience for sure  

Not enough chances to shine? They started him every game AND played his music before games for crying out loud! What more could they want!?

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He stood around and shot open 3s whenever he wanted, and missed a lot of them.  He didn’t do anything else (he competed hard on D). If that was by design, it was hard to watch.  Geronimo deserved more minutes down the stretch and they should have come from Kopp/Stewart. 

Yep. Woody called his number in crunch time twice down the stretch (Rutgers and at Purdue). The staff gave him opportunities

6 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Yep. Woody called his number in crunch time twice down the stretch (Rutgers and at Purdue). The staff gave him opportunities

He finally hit an important one against Rutgers by the simple mathematical approach of taking 20 and having to hit one of them. 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Bigger win in Dayton that night? IU winning first ncaa tournament game in 6 years or me keeping a straight face when his family told me Woody wasn’t using him right and not giving him enough  chances to  shine.  Just nodding my head and mouth shut as Parker preceded to foul a 3 point shooter late in the game and not getting yanked.   Interesting game watching experience for sure  

Did they forget that they ran 3 straight plays to get him open for 3's at the end of the Rutgers game.

11 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

He finally hit an important one against Rutgers by the simple mathematical approach of taking 20 and having to hit one of them. 

He was 2-9 from three in that game. 

he hit 2 more threes the rest of the way (6 more games). Not good for your best 3pt shooter who was given a green light 

16 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

He was 2-9 from three in that game. 

he hit 2 more threes the rest of the way (6 more games). Not good for your best 3pt shooter who was given a green light 

6 or 7 of those attempts had to have been in the last couple minutes. He got great look after great look and clanked them all. 

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Parker Stewart was also a key figure in both of the disciplinary incidents of the last year.

He was a terrible addition to last year’s team.

I'm not all sad that he transferred. I think this is an addition by subtraction in his case.

Outgoing are 3 mid-major players. One of those, Stewart, seemed to have attitude issues. 

Incoming to replace those players are 2 top 30 recruits, another in the top 100, and a 3 star. So far, these 4 players seen like good guys and are willing to work.