Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-basketballs-stockrisers-after-transfer-portal-empties-189979724/#189979724_7

They have Bates on their list. Here's what they say about him:

"Tamar Bates, Indiana: Mike Woodson did not add anyone out of the transfer portal because the Hoosiers ran out of available scholarships when Trayce Jackson-Davis announced he was returning. That means Bates has a path to a huge role staring him right in the face. Bates might really be the X-Factor for Indiana in 2022-23. Indiana really needs that playmaking wing who can put pressure on the rim and be an All-Big Ten caliber weapon. Race Thompson is a really good player, but he’d be a fantastic fourth option behind Jackson-Davis, Xavier Johnson and Bates. The 6-foot-5 wing has the frame to be an impact defender, too. If Bates can earn the trust from Woodson and the Indiana coaching staff, the ceiling for the Hoosiers just completely changes."

3 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

X is listed at 6'3".  If that's true, Hood Schifino looks closer to 6'6" to me than 6'5".

Todd Lindeman situation

JHS has a long neck and big head. Look at his shoulders compared to X, almost the same which is more important than the top of your head

6 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Todd Lindeman situation

JHS has a long neck and big head. Look at his shoulders compared to X, almost the same which is more important than the top of your head

However you slice it, dude’s a big frosh guard, college ready body, ready to bang 

30 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Todd Lindeman situation

Looks to me like X is standing straighter than JHS which would account for some of that 

20 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

When asked who he thinks is a sleeper breakout candidate based on summer workouts, Jordan replied “I like Kaleb Banks a lot.”

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

When asked who he thinks is a sleeper breakout candidate based on summer workouts, Jordan replied “I like Kaleb Banks a lot.”

If the hype around Banks pans out and our 5 stars live up to 5 star expectations this could be our best overall in quite some time 

18 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If the hype around Banks pans out and our 5 stars live up to 5 star expectations this could be our best overall in quite some time 

It allows us to work with injuries.

Cannot imagine there would be a 15+ minute per game Banks, but he could be setting up to be featured in 2023.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

It’s already our best team since the Cody Zeller, VO, and Yogi team!

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Let’s wait to see how they do before we know if they are better than Yogis senior year 

Exactly. I think we can all see a ceiling that is higher than we have had in quite some time. The results on the court will be what counts.

28 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Dunno about that.

The Yogi, Bryant, OG, Morgan, Troy team had those four guys who saw the NBA, and two of them with extended NBA careers.

Yeah that was a heck of s squad - and a real measuring stick. To me OG is the difference. As good as Yogi was JHS may measure up, but I don’t see anyone stacking up to OG - big shoes to fill for JG.

But JHS, TJD, Bates, Ren, JG, Race, and  X, with Galloway et al? Just maybe - heck of a looking squad too

13 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Dunno about that.

The Yogi, Bryant, OG, Morgan, Troy team had those four guys who saw the NBA, and two of them with extended NBA careers.

I can’t remember, but I don’t think they were picked to win the B10 and ranked as high in the preseason as this team is now, but I could be wrong.  

That was a good squad though and this team has the potential to be that good or better, IMO