Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

18 hours ago, Southside said:

Any silver bullets or big items?

One of the things I found interesting was hearing him say Woody gives him and the other coaches more responsibility than he had received from other head coaches and how Woody wanted the players to hear the voices of the assistant coaches. That is the polar 180 degree opposite of many posts during the season that speculated that Woody did not listen to his assistants and leaned on “consultants/friends” in suits behind the bench.

The hysterics have great guests and generally interview them well but they are so hard to listen to ion their own.  I mean really hard to listen to unless you like things that make you cringe. What is their story? Maybe if I knew more about them I could tolerate them better

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

What is their story? Maybe if I knew more about them I could tolerate them better

IMO, they are typical hollywood ego maniacs. But they do have some good interviews, and they are huge IU supporters. Started the NIL Collective, Fan Fest. Kudos for that.

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

The hysterics have great guests and generally interview them well but they are so hard to listen to ion their own.  I mean really hard to listen to unless you like things that make you cringe. What is their story? Maybe if I knew more about them I could tolerate them better

Agreed. I just kept skipping their nonsense till I got to coach but even the skips were painful 

3 hours ago, DWB said:

IMO, they are typical hollywood ego maniacs. But they do have some good interviews, and they are huge IU supporters. Started the NIL Collective, Fan Fest. Kudos for that.

I agree and back when I first heard them I really enjoyed the questions they would ask. Beyond the typical “what play did coach run on the last possession” type of questions, thrown out by other media people, they  asked guys things like what does it feel like to play in the hall, what was the buzz on campus after the win, at what age did you know you were more special than the other players, which coaches take care of different aspects of the program,  what  are your go-to places in Bloomington, etc etc. It is the sort of fly-on-the-wall stuff you don’t get in most interviews. Kudos to them.

Fast forward a few years and they still ask some really good questions, as they did in this coach Ya interview, but that has also been infected with a torturous amount of “aren’t we funny”, “look at me” , “watch me smoke a stogie” crap.  That being said, they really support the program, the interview with Ya was great (thanks to a poster I knew to fast forward 34 minutes to the Ya portion) and love em or hate em they land one+ hour interviews with every important person tied to the program.

17 hours ago, DChoosier said:

One of the things I found interesting was hearing him say Woody gives him and the other coaches more responsibility than he had received from other head coaches and how Woody wanted the players to hear the voices of the assistant coaches. That is the polar 180 degree opposite of many posts during the season that speculated that Woody did not listen to his assistants and leaned on “consultants/friends” in suits behind the bench.

Thank you. 

Didn't get a chance to listen last night, but going to get it done tonight or this weekend. 

37 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Kaleb is a man of few words !  Hope he "talks" with his play on the floor this year.

CJ seems like a really good kid.

Should be really interesting to see how well all the freshman adjust to the college game. Hope we're pleasantly surprised.

I like all of the freshmen. They all can play at a high level and fill a need. Practicing against the returning guys will no doubt speed their development. Just having older guys who know the system is a huge advantage we didn't have at this time last year.

On 6/30/2022 at 5:39 PM, DChoosier said:

This is really good to hear. I had heard a lot of rumblings about this, and even posted on it some. This is what strong leaders do!!!