Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

I think the only thing you can glean from the numbers is 

• Frosh year he was more of 2G, likely not going against great comp, and perhaps not respected as frosh. All that said, pretty obvious he had a nice 3pt stroke that season regardless of the environment
  • At MA, was thrust into a 1G or CG role by injury to another player. Also big step up in talent and comp.

So MA likely improved his handle and leadership a lot, but took away from stroke focus. 

Just got to hope it can all come together now. 

Huge blow to our off season with Trey. This was the summer he needed to give us that extra confidence. Freshmen battle this June will be fun for the coaches. Someone could earn some votes ahead of Trey. 

4 hours ago, Demo said:

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Poor kid is snake bit when it comes to injuries.  Fortunately, he'll be ready to go when the season starts.

That’s the positive spin (that he will be back). Unfortunately, I think he needed plenty of work on his shot this summer. Maybe a little down time will be beneficial tho. 

This is unfortunate. Galloway is one of my favorite players but I don't think IU will ever be able to rely on him too much. He's quite injury prone going back to HS. So it seems like he misses time every offseason and multiple games during the season. At this point it seems to be something to expect with him. 

7 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Poor kid is snake bit when it comes to injuries.  Fortunately, he'll be ready to go when the season starts.

I don’t think so. Out for months after groin surgery to me says he’s out at the start of the season and probably a while after, that’s a rough injury- surgery to get back to bball shape from

8 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I don’t think so. Out for months after groin surgery to me says he’s out at the start of the season and probably a while after, that’s a rough injury- surgery to get back to bball shape from

Idk isn’t that typically 3 months.  Puts him back in action mid September. Not ideal but he’s got time to get get in shape and then we have some cupcakes luckily.  

He’s had 4 months to do some work as well which is good.  

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Idk isn’t that typically 3 months.  Puts him back in action mid September. Not ideal but he’s got time to get get in shape and then we have some cupcakes luckily.  

He’s had 4 months to do some work as well which is good.  

I hope you're right. A groin pull is bad enough, but groin surgery to regular mobility to the fitness and explosive up and down for bball is a real task. It's really not a lot of time between now and October, and then there's all the practice time / scrimmaging missed. I would be surprised to see him in games before December.

55 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I hope you're right. A groin pull is bad enough, but groin surgery to regular mobility to the fitness and explosive up and down for bball is a real task. It's really not a lot of time between now and October, and then there's all the practice time / scrimmaging missed. I would be surprised to see him in games before December.

And then comes the mental challenge of trusting that he can do the things that made him so valuable. Just about every basketball move stresses that area of the body. TG is a tough kid, but this may take a while.

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The injury was from the season. They were hoping it would heal without surgery. Surgery was the last option. But he will be fine to go back to shooting in a couple of weeks. 

That’s a relief. I really have high hopes for Trey.  Seemed so ready to put it all together