Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

Jordan Geronimo --  I did a good amount of grocery shopping at Kroger and realized they did not have apple pay at the checkout. With a whole cart of food and no way to pay, Katie Bates in IU Athletics was at the right place at the right time to help me get my groceries. Shoutout to Katie Bates!

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jordan Geronimo --  I did a good amount of grocery shopping at Kroger and realized they did not have apple pay at the checkout. With a whole cart of food and no way to pay, Katie Bates in IU Athletics was at the right place at the right time to help me get my groceries. Shoutout to Katie Bates!

Oh crap

I forget they don’t have Apple Pay every single time.

Sent from my Fisher-Price Flip Phone

On 6/8/2022 at 3:11 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

"He can push the pace in transition, is a solid 3-point shooter" 

He's a solid 3 point shooter?  I thought that was his weakness.  Where can I find the truth on this?

3 hours ago, Josh said:

"He can push the pace in transition, is a solid 3-point shooter" 

He's a solid 3 point shooter?  I thought that was his weakness.  Where can I find the truth on this?

As a freshman he was 30-66. that's the last I've been able to find,

In regard to Hood-Schifino's 3-polnt shooting, I dug back through my notes and found these numbers. 

20-21 HS season  18 games      29%

19-20 HS season   5 games        50%         (COVID)

18-19 HS season  35 games      45%

He played far more than 18 games in 20-21 but not every game Montverde played was reported.  I'll dig deeper into my records later and see if I can find any more info on the subject.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In regard to Hood-Schifino's 3-polnt shooting, I dug back through my notes and found these numbers. 

20-21 HS season  18 games      29%

19-20 HS season   5 games        50%         (COVID)

18-19 HS season  35 games      45%

He played far more than 18 games in 20-21 but not every game Montverde played was reported.  I'll dig deeper into my records later and see if I can find any more info on the subject.

How many shots was the 45%

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

How many shots was the 45%

This is the best I can come up for Jalen.

18-19 HS (35 games) he was 29 of 64 for 45%

19-20 HS (5 games) he was 1 of 2 for 50%

20-21 HS (18 games) he was 2 of 11 for 18%   [2 different sources for his 20-21 3-pt %]

21-22 HS (17 games) he was 13 of 47 for 28%    

21 AAU (6 games) he was 1 of 7 for 14%    (abbreviated season due to COVID)

His stats for 20-21 and 21-22 are the stats for Montverde's games played as a part of the NIBC.  In total, they likely played 30 games or more each season.