Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

28 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Has a team ever gone an entire season without missing a shot? 

We made every basket! Banner No. 6 is on the way!

God, I love the sound of net snapping. 

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Red team is usually the starters. The red team in this video is comprised of:

Trayce

Race

Kaleb Banks

Tamar Bates

Jalen Hood Schifino

I would expect to see several different lineups this year, especially prior to the UNC game. With all the talent and depth we have Woody most certainly trying different lineups right now.

By the time we play UNC I suspect we'll know the starters.

10 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Trayce

Race

Kaleb Banks

Tamar Bates

Jalen Hood Schifino

Goes to TJD’s comment a while back, it’s mixing players for chemistry, and lineups that could see floor time during games, good to see

10 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Trayce

Race

Kaleb Banks

Tamar Bates

Jalen Hood Schifino

Xavier Johnson is a starter on this team so I wouldn't bet on those five as the starting lineup. Trayce, Race and Jalen, yes. But Woodson is not bringing Xavier off the bench. Trayce said this summer that he encouraged the coach to mix up the teams during practice and not always play the starters against the reserves. That seems to be what is happening here.

On 10/21/2022 at 9:14 PM, LamarCheeks said:

If you stop the frame at the right time, it’s pretty nice to see Kaleb Banks’s head almost hitting the rim.

I knew he could stretch the floor a little bit, but that’s some pretty strong athleticism.

47 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

"If you were to compare him to players that have recently been on Indiana's roster, guys like OG Anunoby, Troy Williams, and Justin Smith come to mind with the only difference being that Banks may come in a little more finetuned than those players."

Lol, one of these things is not like the other. Smith was never an outside shooter in any way, and never should've been played as a 'wing.' Troy developed it at the end. Regardless, those are some strong comparisons.

And if he's more fine-tuned then OG, well, watch out. 

54 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

"If you were to compare him to players that have recently been on Indiana's roster, guys like OG Anunoby, Troy Williams, and Justin Smith come to mind with the only difference being that Banks may come in a little more finetuned than those players."

Lol, one of these things is not like the other. Smith was never an outside shooter in any way, and never should've been played as a 'wing.' Troy developed it at the end. Regardless, those are some strong comparisons.

And if he's more fine-tuned then OG, well, watch out. 

He's probably the player I'm most looking forward to seeing play. If Banks can get in the rotation, there's a good chance we are really good.

7 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Kevin Hart says he's 5'4 but I just don't see it. Pretty cool thing for Mike Woodson to do, taking the team, coaches & families, plus others from the athletic department. 

Pretty sure he’s 5’2”!