Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

12 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Spoiler alert part deaux: Article has MSU as their most overrated and Iowa as the most underrated. Panel then picks MSU fifth and Iowa seventh.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Spoiler alert part deaux: Article has MSU as their most overrated and Iowa as the most underrated. Panel then picks MSU fifth and Iowa seventh.

The guy that wrote the article has Iowa 3rd and MSU 6th. I agree with him about MSU, but if Iowa finishes 3rd in the conference I might eat a shoe.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

The guy that wrote the article has Iowa 3rd and MSU 6th. I agree with him about MSU, but if Iowa finishes 3rd in the conference I might eat a shoe.

Get your shoe seasonings ready. 

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Big Ten Network analyst Tre Demps has been visiting team practices across the conference. Here’s his quick take on IU:

Interesting. Don't know if I should be encouraged or discouraged by his analysis. If that's the goal of all his team reviews, well done.

I guess it makes me feel better about next year's core of Galloway/Bates/Geronimo/Reneau. But, I'm hoping it was a bad day for the vets when he visited.

16 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Big Ten Network analyst Tre Demps has been visiting team practices across the conference. Here’s his quick take on IU:

I wish he would provide a little context to his statement of needing to come a long way to fulfill expectations.

31 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I wish he would provide a little context to his statement of needing to come a long way to fulfill expectations.

Agree on that point. It does seem to confirm what we have been hearing about having quality depth. That alone would have won a few more games last season.

1 hour ago, vemmeistars said:

Interesting. Don't know if I should be encouraged or discouraged by his analysis. If that's the goal of all his team reviews, well done.

I guess it makes me feel better about next year's core of Galloway/Bates/Geronimo/Reneau. But, I'm hoping it was a bad day for the vets when he visited.

This is good stuff.  Based on watching the team scrimmage at HH and my otherwise full guess, he is seeing players and the team making errors on spacing, ball decisions, shot making, etc.  Individual talent jumps, playing cohesively as a team probably has a ways to go.  Do we have any Offensive system.  High pick and roll a lot.  Dribble drive, i guess.  Team will have to grow but it's nice confirming the talent looks strong as we'd expect.  

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This is good stuff.  Based on watching the team scrimmage at HH and my otherwise full guess, he is seeing players and the team making errors on spacing, ball decisions, shot making, etc.  Individual talent jumps, playing cohesively as a team probably has a ways to go.  Do we have any Offensive system.  High pick and roll a lot.  Dribble drive, i guess.  Team will have to grow but it's nice confirming the talent looks strong as we'd expect.  

Agree and last year we often had two guys in the post while on the perimeter we had X handling the ball with Stewart and Kopp standing around on the wings.
 Transitioning from 2 in the post and 2 standing around to having two perimeter ball handlers (X and JHS), and probably/possibly/hopefully only having one guy in the post with the other out, is a big, big change offensively and will take some practice and game time to implement.

1 hour ago, HoosierX said:

FWIW,

His assessments of other practices he’s seen are similar in video length and format but not as glowing overall. Basically, his “one concern” issue with other teams is an actual concern, such as Purdue only having one playmaker (Edey).