Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

4 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

I’m with you here. I’m less concerned with the defense out of Kopp’s position than I am the scoring. Kopp was an absolute liability on both ends during the tournaments. At this stage in his career, he’s a known commodity. Bates, IMHO needs Kopp’s minutes for us to really reach our potential. 

Yeah I don’t mean to dis Kopp, his positional D is solid, and he can shoot, but Woodson didn’t bring him to IU for his defense, he was brought here to add to / build our nonexistent perimeter game from what CAM left us with, and he barely shoots, his role was to add shooting, and where was it? He scored at the bottom of the team, we shot, and he shot, at the bottom of the B1G.

So if Woodson continues to play him in the area of 20 minutes, I hope it’s bc he’s doing what he was brought here to do, shooting and forcing defenses to extend, he has the shooting ability to do that, maybe now with JHS and X we’ll see it. But regardless we’ll be a more dangerous team come March if Bates is playing with that Soph jump and showing the level of talent we know he has, he’s an attacking 3 level scorer, we need that to run deep (and JG’s growth as well)

6 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

TJD’s jacket is :92:

The muted shade of red makes it not totally goofy like it usually is. It’s an non-ironic great look imo. 

Disclaimer: that is, for anyone with even a semblance of swagger, so…..none of us.

20 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

The muted shade of red makes it not totally goofy like it usually is. It’s an non-ironic great look imo. 

Disclaimer: that is, for anyone with even a semblance of swagger, so…..none of us.

I agree the cream shade and muted red was very classy without looking like a cartoon

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Because Ayo was still at Illinois when Woody was in the NBA, and went to the NBA when Woody came to IU.

Lol

You have to be living under a rock to at least not know who Ayo is. It’s one thing to say “I’m not overly familiar with his game” but to legitimately have no idea who that is is hard to fathom

You have to be living under a rock to at least not know who Ayo is. It’s one thing to say “I’m not overly familiar with his game” but to legitimately have no idea who that is is hard to fathom

Especially as a basketball lifer with connections all over the B1G and NBA. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

46 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I have no trouble believing he has no idea about him. He was an assistant coach, locked into his team, no role in drafting. No real need to see anyone before they are on his team.  I doubt he worried about getting too roster friendly with many teams.