Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

From what I understand CJ spent the first month of the summer just trying to learn the defense, and how to defend at the college level. I think he will be better than we thought. He is a natural scorer. I like him a lot personally. Met him on campus one day and he was super nice. 

The best thing for CJ imo is that Archie is no longer the coach. Would have been wasted potential. 

With Woody as the coach he is going to have the green light at some point in his career and it is going to be so fun to watch. 

34 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I can’t think of a 6’7” wing who will primarily be a catch and shoot guy for an IU comp.

Maybe Hornsby or Kopp.

Hornsby is good comp. I was thinking a combo of Hornsby and Watford. 

5 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Hornsby is good comp. I was thinking a combo of Hornsby and Watford. 

Watford couldn't jump much at all, and was reasonably sturdy near the basket. CJ is not either of those things. He's skinny and a kinda bouncy.

Yeah CJ def more athletic. And while Wat developed into a balanced player, he came in pretty thin as well ( I think?). I remember on the older boards how some posters thought Wat was too perimeter-oriented aka didnt want to work the post. But yeah I think that was his 1st 1-2 years. CJ will never need post game to be a strength. 

1 hour ago, BtownStrength said:

Yeah CJ def more athletic. And while Wat developed into a balanced player, he came in pretty thin as well ( I think?). I remember on the older boards how some posters thought Wat was too perimeter-oriented aka didnt want to work the post. But yeah I think that was his 1st 1-2 years. CJ will never need post game to be a strength. 

Which was actually code for "I have no clue how basketball has evolved".... from those fans. 

CWat didn't need to go in the post, that wasn't a strength. Dude shot 42% from 3 for his career and 48% from 3 as a SR. 

VO and Yogi were better finishers at the rim than CWat. Sorry, those complaints bring back bad memories lol 

Pretty sure I'm going to love this team.  I love Trayce.  JHS will be so much fun to watch with his size and skillset.  I really like Geronimo and Bates and they are likely coming off the bench.  I also hope the rotation isn't so big guys don't find their groove.  I hope we run more and shoot more.  Speed things up.  Coach Tom Allen can talk to Woody about plays per game........  LOL 

Lots of reason to have hope....  But I also fear we are 1-3 in are tough preseason games.  Tough tests......

2 hours ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

0B2634A7-EE5F-4BED-B04C-F6545FFED3A6.png

I don't like hearing about kids thinking about being one and done before the season starts especially if you are not  a top 10 player.  I have thought that Banks would be a huge surprise those year 

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't like hearing about kids thinking about being one and done before the season starts especially if you are not  a top 10 player.  I have thought that Banks would be a huge surprise those year 

He did NOT say JHS was thinking about it or saying it; he's saying multiple others think JHS is good enough. 

It's every players goal so if he is good enough to be a top 20 pick after one year he'll be thinking about it, but that doesn't mean JHS is talking about it.

26 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He did NOT say JHS was thinking about it or saying it; he's saying multiple others think JHS is good enough. 

It's every players goal so if he is good enough to be a top 20 pick after one year he'll be thinking about it, but that doesn't mean JHS is talking about it.

And the "handful of people" he's heard it from could all be people reading this board. 

4 hours ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

0B2634A7-EE5F-4BED-B04C-F6545FFED3A6.png

Good to hear, though his 2 posts contradict each other. If the point about Malik starting if Race wasn’t back was right then he’d be first off the bench. We’ll see how all of this plays out but my opinion, at this point, is that Bates will be first in for Kopp (and I hope plays into starting later), then JG for Race, and/or JG and Malik for TJD and Race.

and btw, that’s a a great deal of bench strength however it works out

14 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

and btw, that’s a a great deal of bench strength however it works out

Yes it is. Best thing this team’s got going. Better equipped to handle injuries, adversity and just the 20 game B1G meat grinder than any other team in the conference.