Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

22 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Branch McCracken Court in The Robert Montgomery Knight Arena/Seating Bowl at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.

Boom.

Poetry. I so want to hear Gus Johnson bust that out.

Simon Skodjt was added to the name Assembly Hall not to honor the Simon Skodjt family but because the family paid for the renovation. It was a financial transaction--money in exchange for name.

Not sure what point you’re trying to make?

Branch McCracken court is honoring a previous coach.
Simon Skodjt Assembly Hall is honoring a contract. Not sure where you interpreted I was inferring otherwise?

I guess we could go zero ****s mode and remove Simon Skodjt and rename it Robert Knight Assembly Hall but I’d doubt the university would want to give back millions to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

No, that’s not what I am saying.  But he coached at AH from the time it opened until he was fired, so yes I think it could be just as appropriate for his name to be on the court.  It could be because of him, the renovations happened, just like your argument about McCraken was why they built AH in the first place.  So why not?

You name buildings/things for people who accomplished things prior to their construction.  Bob knight will have his chance.  Assuming woody doesn’t win us a couple of titles 

29 minutes ago, mike vannice said:

What the heck??! No mention of Malik Reneau.

29 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

No Malik Reneau on that list?  Really?  Not even a mention.

28 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Kind of bizarre they completely ignore Ren 

But considering their discussion begins with the “ACC”…. Kind of amateur

Hey—they make a clear point at the start of the piece that they are ranking impact, not ability or production.

If you ask me, Clark at Illinois and Njie at Penn State are the two most potentially impactful freshmen in the B1G. Those schools need those two to come through in a major way.

With Trayce, Race, and Jordan,  Malik is not as vital a piece to our success as those guys.

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hey—they make a clear point at the start of the piece that they are ranking impact, not ability or production.

If you ask me, Clark at Illinois and Njie at Penn State are the two most potentially impactful freshmen in the B1G. Those schools need those two to come through in a major way.

With Trayce, Race, and Jordan,  Malik is not as vital a piece to our success as those guys.

Of course he isn't, but he may be a big piece to us taking the next step up the ladder. If that is not impact, I don't know what is.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

They list 8 — eight — other freshmen to watch and overlook Ren - a 5 star. It’s amateur 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I think they are underestimating his impact to this teams front court players.

Haha, if Ren is making that big of an impact something went sideways. Ren will contribute. However, a large portion of games will be dependent on Race and Trayce winning their matchups not what Ren does in the handful of meaningful minutes he gets.

We’re back to the “why isn’t IU ranked the highest with everything!!!?” We’re quite predictable.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Haha, if Ren is making that big of an impact something went sideways. Ren will contribute. However, a large portion of games will be dependent on Race and Trayce winning their matchups not what Ren does in the handful of meaningful minutes he gets.

We’re back to the “why isn’t IU ranked the highest with everything!!!?” We’re quite predictable.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Haha, if Malik ends up being impactful enough to make a list full of 3* freshman how in the world does that automatically mean our season went sideways??

He could average 5 points and 4 rebounds as a steady presence off the bench, on a big ten championship team,  and he would deserve to be in the top 5 on this list. 

16 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

They list 8 — eight — other freshmen to watch and overlook Ren - a 5 star. It’s amateur 

Did they change it? He’s a part of the “other freshmen to watch” when I click on the link.