Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Magnanimous

B1G Football Scheduling

The Big Ten has just pulled all conference schedules after the 2022 season, and there are rumors of dropping the divisions. This is following in the footsteps of the Pac12 doing the same as the NCAA changed its conference championship requirements. Guess we may be getting an announcement shortly?

7 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

The Big Ten has just pulled all conference schedules after the 2022 season, and there are rumors of dropping the divisions. This is following in the footsteps of the Pac12 doing  the same at the the NCAA changed its conference championship requirements. Guess we may be getting an announcement shortly?

This would be fantastic. 

7 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

The Big Ten has just pulled all conference schedules after the 2022 season, and there are rumors of dropping the divisions. This is following in the footsteps of the Pac12 doing  the same at the the NCAA changed its conference championship requirements. Guess we may be getting an announcement shortly?

Hopefully they smarten up and go back to 8 games too. Playing 5 conference road games every other year was killing teams and limiting those teams (er...IU) from having another home game, getting a win towards bowl eligibility and making some money to prop up the rest of the athletic department.

On 5/26/2022 at 10:38 AM, TheWatShot said:

Thank God. The East division can burn in hell. 

I agree. However, and this is my own bias, I live on the east coast and half my family went to Penn State. I hope with any new scheduling the Hoosiers still come east to either MD and Rutgers, and of the big boy programs we play Penn State and Michigan more than the others. OSU and Wisconsin can take a hike. 

Going back to 8 conference games would be ideal. Four games against Western, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Kentucky and also Purdue every year should keep us in the bowl eligibility conversation on a near annual basis.