Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

3 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

The upside? TJD is praised as standing up as the leader of the team, articles are written about it, the hype builds, blah blah. It makes for great coverage but shows little true leadership.

There are far better ways to go about it. TJD should be pushing his teammates to be in Cook Hall everyday, ensuring his teammates are taking care of business, and holding each one responsible.

We talk, a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You're saying that as though he isn't doing the other things.  Do you know?

10 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Well, I think but don't know that there are very few players in town right now except for Leal who lives here. Most players left town for the month of May and will be back in early June. 

All freshmen will be here also. 

Leadership is rarely demonstrated by comments like this in public but rather by what we don’t see at practices, work outs and off court. Hopefully, he is leading there with the same or more energy. If he is doing the latter,I don’t mind these comments but too often this stuff ends up being more talk than action.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

No, I’m not following him around all day?

I know we all want the best for our players. If you step back a little and view things without those crimson colored glasses on there are some obvious signs. The NW debacle was pretty clear. TJD is a great player but is not a natural leader.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

No, I’m not following him around all day?

I know we all want the best for our players. If you step back a little and view things without those crimson colored glasses on there are some obvious signs. The NW debacle was pretty clear. TJD is a great player but is not a natural leader.

alrighty.... 

I disagree about NW

10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Disagree it was pretty clear?

What did TJD say about X and who he was going to be hanging with? Who was with him when he got arrested?

I disagree TJD's lack of leadership was made "pretty clear" by the NW debacle.

He was with some dude and Parker Stewart.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, it seems you need to wrangle one point at a time.

12 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I disagree TJD's lack of leadership was made "pretty clear" by the NW debacle.

He was with some dude and Parker Stewart.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, it seems you need to wrangle one point at a time.

Never mentioned TJD and leadership re: NW. TJD is not a natural leader. Watch games, watch post-game pressers, interviews, etc. Kudos for him taking on the role. I hope he succeeds. It'll help the team and program.

I need to do something because you can't keep up? I'll do me and let you do you. Thanks

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Never mentioned TJD and leadership re: NW. TJD is not a natural leader. Watch games, watch post-game pressers, interviews, etc. Kudos for him taking on the role. I hope he succeeds. It'll help the team and program.

I need to do something because you can't keep up? I'll do me and let you do you. Thanks

You're all over the place. 

A sentence that states: "the NW debacle is pretty clear" refers to what exactly? It can't stand alone. it has to reference to preceding sentence or the following sentence.

On 5/24/2022 at 8:01 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The biggest head scratcher of all of this is that Woodson platooned starters vs bench all season and didn’t tinker with matchup changes in practice to EITHER FIND A BETTER LINEUP AND/OR IMPROVE TEAM CHEMISTRY.  Completely bonkers strategy.  Matches what we saw on the court but it’s remarkably unbelievable.   EVEN IF 5 guys were guaranteed starter spots, mix and match and find your best squad.  Aaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh

Listening to his interviews, I think (and I’m hoping) Woodson took this approach because he realized there was a LOT that needed to be fixed in a limited amount of time and he felt it better to build chemistry with the guys who’d spend the most time on the floor together. IIRC, he mentioned they didn’t even start practicing offensive sets until late November/early December. That leads me to believe he may not have felt he had the luxury of mixing lineups.

8 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

Listening to his interviews, I think (and I’m hoping) Woodson took this approach because he realized there was a LOT that needed to be fixed in a limited amount of time and he felt it better to build chemistry with the guys who’d spend the most time on the floor together. IIRC, he mentioned they didn’t even start practicing offensive sets until late November/early December. That leads me to believe he may not have felt he had the luxury of mixing lineups.

I'm not to0 concerned with the platoon subbing patterns, he was already going away from that approach at the end of last season, especially in the second half and at the end of games.