Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - SG Jamie Kaiser Jr. to Maryland

He's not coming to Indiana. At least I don't believe he is. Who knows. Maybe he commits to Jackson State for football. No clue anymore. Is he a must get? No. Nice 4 year player to have? Yea. Really gonna need some big men though. I guess I less Woodson and company feel Reneau, Geronimo and Duncomb are a good enough trio for the 4-5 spots. 

Nobody bats 1.000.  But it comes down to winning and losing. Again, rarely is anyone undefeated. The margin of winning and losing can be very slim.  Program momentum, etc is gained and lost with every perceived win and loss on and off the court. The on-court results are the final judgement of the perceived wins and losses but the jurors are reading and over reading every play.
I don’t care too much about Kaiser or DHS, neither look like program changers. Both look like good players. The staff wanted one of them or both I’d imagine. Page is still on the table. Everything comes into judgment. If we get Page is that better than getting Booker?  If we miss DHS, Kaiser do we get a better player in the transfer portal?  Who knows, the on court results will eventually tell but prognosticators and fans spend all of season trying to guess. I care more about program momentum than the individual recruitments. 

We’ll see. 

Don’t step out of line or have a perspective that varies too far from the company line either.

Many will overlook the totality of last season because we won a few games late. Happy we made the tourney but much of it before and after that was bad basketball.

We need some more makers in the coming recruiting classes. If not Kaiser we need others. The on court results are far more important than the number next to a recruit or the recruiting class.

There will always be those pumpers and dumpers, many of whom will claim to be realist.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

17 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He's not coming to Indiana. At least I don't believe he is. Who knows. Maybe he commits to Jackson State for football. No clue anymore. Is he a must get? No. Nice 4 year player to have? Yea. Really gonna need some big men though. I guess I less Woodson and company feel Reneau, Geronimo and Duncomb are a good enough trio for the 4-5 spots. 

And Banks. I think a GT big is in the making, but LD should be ready for sizable mins. 

Woof.

I’m all about honesty. It’ll cut down the transfer rate in the long run.

BUT at some point everyone on the roster is competing for PT. Best players play. Simple as that. Everyone on the roster can earn PT. That’s all that needs to be said. If someone is good enough to be a starter without a doubt, I can even understand that pitch. I don’t understand the need to explain to a guy he’s coming off the bench. So many other ways to discuss that option. Odd

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I can understand not explicitly stating a recruit will come off the bench. That may be odd, but who know if that is what actually happened. 

Kaiser is not some transcendent talent. He is good but tbh he would probably not start as a freshman on many tournament teams. 8th or 9th would be good minutes off the bench on a successful team, with the ability to earn more and possibly start soph year. 

He probably will start at MD day 1 though. 

The Hysterics guys had a podcast after the 3 visits but before any announcements and they seemed to think Page was the one we may get. Thought the other 2 could be good gets but seems as if they heard something.  Again this was right after the visits when as far as we knew things looked really good. 

19 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

The Hysterics guys had a podcast after the 3 visits but before any announcements and they seemed to think Page was the one we may get. Thought the other 2 could be good gets but seems as if they heard something.  Again this was right after the visits when as far as we knew things looked really good. 

Hysteric Eric is completely wired in.

Their recent podcast was a really good listen and he made it clear we had NO chance with DHS after that visit.

He also said he thinks we’re the front runner with Page.

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Does anyone actually believe the staff explicitly told him he’d be “8th or 9th off the bench”?

I don’t. 

Of course not.

That’s why I’m not a fan of his interaction with his buddy. We very likely told him that he’d be one of five or six wings for two spots on the court and that some of those wings were already in the system, and he’d have to earn a rotation spot.

Maryland apparently told him they’d like to see him start as a freshman.

Edited by Stuhoo

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hysteric Eric is completely wired in.

Their recent podcast was a really good listen and he made it clear we had NO chance with DHS after that visit.

He also said he thinks we’re the front runner with Page.

I'm betting it was his apparently sudden insistence on playing point guard. No way that was happening at IU and as soon as I saw his comments on playing point for Maryland I wrote him off. 

Fit is a two way street. If he didn't see what he was looking for, then he absolutely should have gone elsewhere. I don't have any less respect for the young man because what we had to offer wasn't what he ultimately wanted. We don't need unhappy people in the program. He moved on and so will we.