Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - SG Jamie Kaiser Jr. to Maryland

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Disagree here.

UNC and Kansas had some down classes because of flying under the NCAA microscope. Kansas has what, 7 level 1 sanctions they are still dealing with. Ironically, they did win the big one with those underrated classes. Lol.

UNC dealt with NCAA microscope and coaching changes. They are rolling now and were the last couple years.

We are losing 3 guaranteed starters and a possible 4th starter. Yeah, we’ll have some talent left over, but all the better teams do. If any year was the year to sell potential PT it’s this class with what we project to lose.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

The top programs do seem to generally stack great classes.  There will be some down years and missed targets but to compete at the level we should expect, we have to stack great classes together.

10 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Disagree here.

UNC and Kansas had some down classes because of flying under the NCAA microscope. Kansas has what, 7 level 1 sanctions they are still dealing with. Ironically, they did win the big one with those underrated classes. Lol.

UNC dealt with NCAA microscope and coaching changes. They are rolling now and were the last couple years.

We are losing 3 guaranteed starters and a possible 4th starter. Yeah, we’ll have some talent left over, but all the better teams do. If any year was the year to sell potential PT it’s this class with what we project to lose.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep that PT will look very promising for the top kids in the portal then.   IU couldn’t get traction in the portal this year because they didn’t have pt to sell.   My guess the staff is less worried about missing out on some high school kids then the fans are 

19 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

If page commits that would be 3 top 100 out of state kids.   It’s been talked about on here for a while but kids don’t see IU as a top tier program.   Fans still do and should but the reality is the staff has to convince these kids that IU is special.   Up hill battle for the staff at the moment.   IU chose to focus in on these targets knowing it would be a fight.    Got in late with DHS and still got an official and from the sound of things in a short recruitment maybe when you get to the know the person better you realize it might not be a good fit for both party’s.   Kaiser was who they wanted bad.   Jumped in on him full force.   Recruiting 101 tells you though that once the home school digs in a really wants a kid it is going to be a dogfight.  Parents where big Maryland fans if you believe the premium Maryland posters and I have no reason to not believe it.   Mom didn’t even come on the Indiana visit.  Stinks to miss out on recruits but stinks even worse to settle and not go after who you want.     IU could  of settled and taken Carr and Robert’s who just committed to Vandy but they didn’t they acted like people wanted them to and swung for the fences.   Think about that IU was in great position for a top 60 player and decided to go in another direction.   Program is in a different spot then it was the last couple years.   Might not be where fans want it to be just yet but for a program that 18 year olds  don’t see as a blue blood or elite this staff is doing everything they can to change that narrative 

Yep, makes sense and all is true.  I am/was always hopeful NIL could make us a factor quicker.  Maybe it still will.  

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yep that PT will look very promising for the top kids in the portal then.   IU couldn’t get traction in the portal this year because they didn’t have pt to sell.   My guess the staff is less worried about missing out on some high school kids then the fans are 

I really do think that is very possible.  At this point, I'm convinced that is what we will need.  

15 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

If page commits that would be 3 top 100 out of state kids.   It’s been talked about on here for a while but kids don’t see IU as a top tier program.   Fans still do and should but the reality is the staff has to convince these kids that IU is special.   Up hill battle for the staff at the moment.   IU chose to focus in on these targets knowing it would be a fight.    Got in late with DHS and still got an official and from the sound of things in a short recruitment maybe when you get to the know the person better you realize it might not be a good fit for both party’s.   Kaiser was who they wanted bad.   Jumped in on him full force.   Recruiting 101 tells you though that once the home school digs in a really wants a kid it is going to be a dogfight.  Parents where big Maryland fans if you believe the premium Maryland posters and I have no reason to not believe it.   Mom didn’t even come on the Indiana visit.  Stinks to miss out on recruits but stinks even worse to settle and not go after who you want.     IU could  of settled and taken Carr and Robert’s who just committed to Vandy but they didn’t they acted like people wanted them to and swung for the fences.   Think about that IU was in great position for a top 60 player and decided to go in another direction.   Program is in a different spot then it was the last couple years.   Might not be where fans want it to be just yet but for a program that 18 years don’t see as a blue blood or elite this staff is doing everything they can to change that narrative 

Got to show kids/people by winning...big games, tournament games...and for more than a single season.  We're still just getting started.   :)

And the timing is perfect.

Woody is pretty ******* smart. He spent a ton of time recruiting his own players, and TJD, Race, and X are staying. 

Why is that so important? Because now he will be able to show recruits that we are big ol winners again. Add that to big national games this year and big man playing time aplenty, and the late, high-level recruits or top tier portal guys should be more than interested in filling out this class.

That’s why I don’t t spend as much time watching videos of recruits. It gets my hopes up. I used to hang on to every word from the insiders and live on these forums. As I get older, I just sit back and focus on things I have control of. Schools like Duke and Kentucky will always be able to pluck the top tier talent with their deep pockets. It could be worse, we could be Purdue. 

17 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yep, makes sense and all is true.  I am/was always hopeful NIL could make us a factor quicker.  Maybe it still will.  

You could argue it already has just not to where some fans want it.    This staff convinced 3 out of state 5 or high 4 stars to  join a program that hasn’t had a winning conference record in over 5 years and has made 1 tourney appearance.  I’m guessing NIL played a part in that.   NIL was always going to help but  to erase 20+ years of mediocrity for a program and all of sudden want NIL to move IU to front of the line again to be an instant factor would be a very optimistic take 

1 minute ago, Woodson1980 said:

Been busy,did I miss an actual commitment to the Terps or is this just a for gone conclusion?

Not yet just reading the tea leaves it appears he is Maryland bound.  Never know in recruiting though 

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not yet just reading the tea leaves it appears he is Maryland bound.  Never know in recruiting though 

Thanks,he may have seen Bates and Banks practicing and saw a roadblock to starting also.If so that's a good thing.

6 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

The top programs do seem to generally stack great classes.  There will be some down years and missed targets but to compete at the level we should expect, we have to stack great classes together.

You think that after 1 year under Woodson we should already be having the same recruiting results as the top programs after 2 decades of being mostly irrelevant? Wow. Maybe your expectations are a bit too high. 

Woodson has had some good success so far at recruiting. It's kind of funny that the sky is suddenly falling after rumors of missing out on 2 good but not great recruits. 

4 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

If page commits that would be 3 top 100 out of state kids.   It’s been talked about on here for a while but kids don’t see IU as a top tier program.   Fans still do and should but the reality is the staff has to convince these kids that IU is special.   Up hill battle for the staff at the moment.   IU chose to focus in on these targets knowing it would be a fight.    Got in late with DHS and still got an official and from the sound of things in a short recruitment maybe when you get to the know the person better you realize it might not be a good fit for both party’s.   Kaiser was who they wanted bad.   Jumped in on him full force.   Recruiting 101 tells you though that once the home school digs in a really wants a kid it is going to be a dogfight.  Parents where big Maryland fans if you believe the premium Maryland posters and I have no reason to not believe it.   Mom didn’t even come on the Indiana visit.  Stinks to miss out on recruits but stinks even worse to settle and not go after who you want.     IU could  of settled and taken Carr and Robert’s who just committed to Vandy but they didn’t they acted like people wanted them to and swung for the fences.   Think about that IU was in great position for a top 60 player and decided to go in another direction.   Program is in a different spot then it was the last couple years.   Might not be where fans want it to be just yet but for a program that 18 year olds don’t see as a blue blood or elite this staff is doing everything they can to change that narrative 

out of curiosity, who was the top 60 player

28 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

In the announcement picture the Virginia version looks short, pale, and depressed.

But the Virginia jersey does have #1 on it, while IU and Maryland are 11(?) And 10, respectively.

Lol